Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:30 PM

Re: What do you fear

If I am left alone I intend jumping off Beachy Head, like so many others.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=orangutan;663578]So true!

Not really sure what I fear, other than being severely incapacitated and unable to do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that 100% Ania.

BTW, I also have an irrational fear of leaving this world.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My worst fear was to be alone. I was born into a large family , married young ,became mum, then after divorce married again, I had never lived alone, yet fate happened and at the age of 52 my greatest fear happened, I had to learn to live alone, I was terrified , had no support and was truly on my own. Life became hard to live , I never thought I would survive living with just me, after years of being on my own I now say my greatest fear became my greatest gift. I'm happy, I cope and I doubt if I would ever change it.

have you overcome fear and turned your life around .

I believe we come to this world to learn. We have to learn things we didn't manage well in previous lives. Call me a cranky old bird if you like, it matters not.

The point is, you have passed your test with flying colours Susan. You have learnt how to conquer your biggest fear. Some never do.
So bloomin' well done gal, you've cracked it.

BTW, has anyone ever noticed there seem to be many more single ladies on OFF than single gentlemen?
Is it because, generally, men die younger than women?
Or is it, after losing a spouse through death, divorce or whatever, women cope better, and eventually don't want another partner moving in and prefer to stay single?
Mia
Western Australia/australia
Mia is female  Mia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 01:28 AM

susan m, it's wonderful when someone has overcome their fear. I admire how you've been able to turn things around. My best friend was divorced several years ago and it was extremely sad. However, she also turned her entire life around and now she tells me it was a blessing in disguise because she became a much stronger person.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I believe we come to this world to learn. We have to learn things we didn't manage well in previous lives. Call me a cranky old bird if you like, it matters not.

The point is, you have passed your test with flying colours Susan. You have learnt how to conquer your biggest fear. Some never do.
So bloomin' well done gal, you've cracked it.

BTW, has anyone ever noticed there seem to be many more single ladies on OFF than single gentlemen?
Is it because, generally, men die younger than women?
Or is it, after losing a spouse through death, divorce or whatever, women cope better, and eventually don't want another partner moving in and prefer to stay single?
All forums are the same, far more single women than men. Only reason being men are not interested in the old yak and gossip forums attract or so interested in getting old before their time having been manual workers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 09:19 AM

I'm really enjoying your posts and thank you all. It was huge for me and I remember the first weekend alone and the struggle of being just with me. I longed for Mondays to arrive so I could return to work. Now I'm content to be with me, to go out alone , and at times I wonder who the old woman is who shares my home , she doesn't even pay rent ! I catch glimpses of her when I pass the bedroom mirror...

My next fear is ....wait for it ....I fear driving places I don't know and have to drive the M27 in a couple of weeks to Southampton , I fear the fastness of the cars and already my tummy is in knots , but I will do it , no doubt talking to myself all the way. I tell myself feel the fear and do it anyway .

Thanks folks x
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
All forums are the same, far more single women than men. Only reason being men are not interested in the old yak and gossip forums attract or so interested in getting old before their time having been manual workers.
Sorry DoE, I can't make sense of the last sentence, would you mind rephrasing it ?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Sorry DoE, I can't make sense of the last sentence, would you mind rephrasing it ?
Haha, not even the Duke knows what he's saying. How could he possibly make sense by rephrasing it???

I have fears. They are all irrational fears. They don't make sense. I don't see any reason to fear anything, but I wake up and the fear is there. Then I get up and get going and no more fear. Weird?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-06-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
No problem, forums are in the main places for old lady minded women to yak.
Men on forums number less, those who are on forums in the main being ex-penpushers with a disproportional number of retired School Teachers, suggesting endless verbal on forums must just be a extension of their past lifestyle.

Manual workers are more manly by nature and forum yakking ain't their thing. Now must get the sporty number out of the garage, top down and go and burn some tarmac up.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
No problem, forums are in the main places for old lady minded women to yak.
Men on forums number less, those who are on forums in the main being ex-penpushers with a disproportional number of retired School Teachers, suggesting endless verbal on forums must just be a extension of their past lifestyle.

Manual workers are more manly by nature and forum yakking ain't their thing. Now must get the sporty number out of the garage, top down and go and burn some tarmac up.
Where does that leave me DoE ? Ex-underground miner (might be considered manual) and ex-college lecturer (might be considered school teacher). I must be both manly and verbose !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top