Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Re: Talcum Powder???

I also read about talcs possibly being carcinogenic. Don't you just love the smell of Johnsons baby talc though, really takes me back
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Used to always use Johnsons Baby Talc....it was so smooth and smelled fresh. Haven't used Talc for long time now after reading the warnings about it.......
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Talcum powder and loose face powder - I can smell them now. Makes me think 'granny'. My kids are in their early 20s and baby talc wasn't recommended then.

Happy days but we've moved on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 10:38 PM

You can buy a body powder now that doesn't contain talc, so much safer...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 11:17 PM

I used to use it quite liberally around the usual bits. Got the red card from her indoors, because of all the dust it leaves behind. The only useful function it can perform is,when you change a bicycle tube puncture,and you have stuck the patch over the hole, give it a good shake over the glued area, stops the tube sticking to the tyre.
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

20-10-2010, 07:34 AM

I used to love the round boxes of talc with the big powder puffs.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
I also read about talcs possibly being carcinogenic. Don't you just love the smell of Johnsons baby talc though, really takes me back
I know what you mean Buttercup - the smell of Johnsons baby talc is such a "fluffy comfortable" smell - thats why I still use it, but just for my feet sometimes. I think manufacurers have eliminated the ingredients which may have beeen carcinogenic so I don't worry about it.
FatFreddy
New Member!
Herts,UK
FatFreddy is male 

20-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Hey, there's plenty of Johnson's Baby Powder on the bedroom floor after my wife's had a shower!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth ->
I used to love the round boxes of talc with the big powder puffs.
Do you remember the Avon Buff Puff (I think thats what they called them) I used to love those.

I don't use talc as it would aggravate my sinuses.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Do you remember the Avon Buff Puff (I think thats what they called them) I used to love those.

I don't use talc as it would aggravate my sinuses.
Ooh.... memories!!! I used to have a an Avon Buff Puff, I loved it as it had a long handle and you could reach down your back with it!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top