Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 07:08 AM

Re: Phobias

I dont have any, I just take things as they come.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 10:34 AM

I dislike rain to the point of phobia, but only if I am at home, it doesn't bother me elsewhere!

I am phobic about rats and mice, but love spiders and snakes. I am going to buy myself another Chilian Rose tarantula spider, I have had a couple before and much prefer them to cats or dogs.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 12:12 PM

I have never flown and I never will, I missed my Son's wedding in Rome because I wouldn't fly (I was in the bad book for a long time over that). Hate rats, mice, and all insects, spiders especially when you can see their eyes, horrible.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I first went in a plane when I was two. In those days the air hostess came round with barley sugar and cottonwool. The cabin wasn't pressurised in the early 50s. I quite like flying.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 03:34 PM

My one and only phobia is Frogs! If I am out walking at night - I am always on 'frog alert'. Everyone thinks I am barmy. Think it goes back to when my dad put a frog down my mum's top when she was expecting me!!! She absolutely loved frogs and thought it hilarious apparently. Maggie
Dancingsky
None

28-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by telmar ->
My one and only phobia is Frogs! If I am out walking at night - I am always on 'frog alert'. Everyone thinks I am barmy. Think it goes back to when my dad put a frog down my mum's top when she was expecting me!!! She absolutely loved frogs and thought it hilarious apparently. Maggie
You better not come down our way there are plenty of frogs and toads, many end up in a squashed heap on our lane unfortunately!
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
You better not come down our way there are plenty of frogs and toads, many end up in a squashed heap on our lane unfortunately!
Yes, I don't wish them any harm - just wish they would keep away from me sometimes (especially on the patio). Maggie
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I dont have any, I just take things as they come.
I would love to be like that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Do you have any serious phobias, however odd?

I suffer from quite severe claustrophobia which prevents me from going in lifts, windowless rooms, trains and planes. Also obviously hate crowds and avoid motorways like the plague as don't like to be in any situation where I feel 'trapped'. In fact I don't like being too far from home anyway. I always used to have a dread of being arrested for something I didn't do and being locked in a police cell Bit of a lost cause really.
Buttercup you could me me I have been known to drive to town shopping then find I can't cope with the crowds after about ten minutes and have to come home . Motorways are a nightmare, because of my fear I grip the steering wheel so hard my arms ache.
I find I am getting worse as I get older, never really thought of it as a phobia just thought I was a bit odd .

It's good to know I am not alone
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Buttercup you could me me I have been known to drive to town shopping then find I can't cope with the crowds after about ten minutes and have to come home . Motorways are a nightmare, because of my fear I grip the steering wheel so hard my arms ache.
I find I am getting worse as I get older, never really thought of it as a phobia just thought I was a bit odd .

It's good to know I am not alone
Hi Meg - Oh well - two nutters together here. At least you go on motorways - I won't go near them. Last time I was in a severe traffic jam (not on motorway) and couldn't get out of it my legs were shaking so much I could hardly drive I have definitely got a lot worse since my husband died nearly four years ago as he was my rock and now I am rockless. Never mind, it takes all sorts, we are obviously extremely sensitive intelligent people as that is who mostly suffer from this (so I have read) You most definitely are not alone. Pity you are so far away as we could meet up but obviously neither of us will do the journey

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top