Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 06:53 PM

Re: family arguments

People tend to put to much emphasis on family members imo.

The world is chock full of people and many of those people can become very important to you, sometimes far more so than family. I tend to think that if family members are going to behave in ways that cause rifts and long term upset then just leave them to it and concentrate on the other people in life who are important to you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The world is chock full of people and many of those people can become very important to you, sometimes far more so than family. I tend to think that if family members are going to behave in ways that cause rifts and long term upset then just leave them to it and concentrate on the other people in life who are important to you.
Absolutely...I agree..and I don't buy the saying 'blood's thicker than water' either.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 07:53 PM

Really interesting reading your replies . Thanks everyone.

Just a brief update . Lovely son in law does go back to visit his family , tries many times to make peace but it never comes about . He knows I love him like my son and does talk to me about it . He's a great guy and so deserves more than this but guess it's life .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Realist. Write this in your diary, or on your calander. I agree with you.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 10:32 PM

I feel sorry for him but think he made the right decision, if they had a brain, they would've embraced her from the start.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 12:01 AM

My daughter had, has the same problem. Her m-i-l has been divisive from day one. She is a very demanding, domineering woman. She has tried to drive a wedge between my daughter and my s-i-l on many occasions. I have stood aback from it, not wanting to exasperate the situation.
Her last attempt to divide, involved both grandsons.
S-i-l was so infuriated he has cut all contact, so did one of my grandsons.
My daughter and s-i-l are coming up to their silver wedding anniversary and there is no let up with his mother. His mother has left him with no choice.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 03:54 AM

Blood doesn't mean **** as I'm concerned. The oldest girl trying to say her brother is a "half" brother. The one who got the middle girl out of hospital. That was based on a patriarchal system. Yes your mother is your ******* blood. Hello..." Half brother" MY ***, well anyways
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 06:31 AM

I get on with my MIL better than I do with my wife !

SHE doesn't nag me about drinking or squabble about what to watch on TV.

And the fact that I only see her (MIL) two or three times a year probably helps too.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Realist. Write this in your diary, or on your calander. I agree with you.
Me too! Never thought I'd say that!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top