Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Re: Ancestral background

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
My mum was adopted and there is no family history that side. My daughter researched my fathers maternal side and we haven't moved much more than 30 miles, we have of course but something always draws us back. on my fathers paternal side my daughter got as far as London but at that point in history the family was Jewish and we need access to the Synagogue records
Well you certainly have an interesting family history to check into. I'd love to know if you ever find out more about your Jewish ancestry!
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 07:53 PM

My family is from Sicily and Palermo.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 10:17 PM

My ancestors were from Wales and the black country.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 10:19 PM

On one side my relatives have come from Scotland and the North East England, I have not been able to find anything about my maternal Grandmothers family, but know both my Grandfathers and paternal Grandmother are all from the same area for many years back. My husbands family was a bit more varied, his Mothers ancestors may have come from Ireland [ though she and her parents were born in the East end of London] His Grandparents were from Germany and had a butchers shop, but he and his Father were also born in the East end of London, Me a geordie lass brought up in London
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:00 AM

My past is well documented as far back as 1300
My ancestors were Dutch, and as all families we had two grades the upper and the lower class.
I came from the lower. they were Ship builders, Sailors and their master trade was Whalers.
We have documents on their voyages, some personal but mainly telling their catches and any fetalaties that happened while at sea.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by yani ->
Well we have something in common, Hawkeye...Viking ancestry.
We will have to have a chat about some old Norse myths over a coffee!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
We will have to have a chat about some old Norse myths over a coffee!
Keith are you related to Noggin the Nog

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:30 AM

My Grandmother was Danish. German on my Father's side. We think the German ancestor came from Germany to England around 1900 ..or about 7 P.M.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 01:09 AM

Irish on mother's side and Scottish on dad's. I'm addicted to Who Do You Think You Are? We get the British, American and our own Aussie one. Some histories are so sad, going back to the workhouse, imagine not having any food to give to your children, we don't appreciate how lucky we are, yet we still whinge about everything
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Keith are you related to Noggin the Nog

That's me! Hawkeye the Nog and my friend Draculus the bird.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top