Join for free
Page 53 of 63 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:29 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Just watched the new Star Wars movie. It's not my type of film but it was very well done and the lead actress, Daisy Ridley, I think, was absolutely fantastic
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:51 PM

Watched Daddy's Home last night with my grandson.
Absolutely hilarious.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Watching "Exodus - Gods & Kings" with Christian Bale and Ben Kingsley. I recorded it and am watching it whenever I get a few minutes. It's two and a half hours. I have just got up to the plagues of Egypt section, I've done the rivers of blood, the frogs and the locusts and boils and am just about to embark on the death of the firstborns. I am trying to stick with it but on the verge of losing the will to live. I only watched it because its one of my favourite directors, Ridley Scott.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Watching "Exodus - Gods & Kings" with Christian Bale and Ben Kingsley. I recorded it and am watching it whenever I get a few minutes. It's two and a half hours. I have just got up to the plagues of Egypt section, I've done the rivers of blood, the frogs and the locusts and boils and am just about to embark on the death of the firstborns. I am trying to stick with it but on the verge of losing the will to live. I only watched it because its one of my favourite directors, Ridley Scott.
Bit like being on here then
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well, I wasn't go to say, but now you mention it......
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:24 AM

watched Mon Oncle

old 1958 Jacque Tati film, enjoyed it very much
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:10 PM

I'm just back from watching The Danish Girl. The acting was superb as would be expected from Eddie Redmayne but this film just didn't do anything for me.

Some of the sets didn't look real and Redmaynes wife's hair was obviously a wig - why couldn't the actress playing her have her own hair styled 1920's style? ... Also Redmaynes own hair - once he decided to grow it in a womanly style, why was the front long enough to wave and cover his eyes but the back still be as short and manly as ever? Small details like that I shall never know the answer to but they annoy me no end!!

This is just my opinion ... Probably nobody would agree with me. My friend who I went with liked it - in fact she was quite upset about the ending.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:43 PM

TITANIC, cor we had front row seats for its premiere, but got soaked

WEnt to see "singing in the rain" the following week and got soaked again.

Have abandoned trip to see "WATERWORLD"
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 06:28 PM

Just watched 'The Big Short' ...

Originally Posted by IMDB
Three separate but parallel stories of the U.S mortgage housing crisis of 2005 are told. Michael Burry, an eccentric ex-physician turned one-eyed Scion Capital hedge fund manager, has traded traditional office attire for shorts, bare feet and a Supercuts haircut. He believes that the US housing market is built on a bubble that will burst within the next few years.
It is quite good. You get an insight into how the banks work. How irresponsible it all is. Sad thing is how nothing much as changed even though it all collapsed around us.

Page 53 of 63 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top