Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 11:09 AM

Cameron, Osborne & IDS guilty of manslaughter???

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...d-near-7223683
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 12:22 PM

Re: Cameron, Osborne & IDS guilty of manslaughter???

Just another result for those disgusting creatures that call themselves the Conservative Party. They won't be happy until we have Workhouses back.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 01:20 PM

That's a bit of a leap UJ.

The poor lady was grieving and distressed over the death of her son .... possibly struggling financially.
But by this criteria anyone in credit card debt who commits suicide would mean any one of our illustrious financial institutions who lend money, encouraging debt, would also be guilty of manslaughter.
If anything I find the trashy media are rather capitalizing on this poor woman's deep sorrow.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 01:28 PM

The Bedroom Tax doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Over 61's are exempt which means they can live in large properties until they die, which could be over 30 years.
Young children don't count so several have to share rooms. These are the two groups that should be encouraged to swap.
When you are lucky enough to find a swap it costs the councils money to help with moving. The social landlords put up rents during the change of tenants so if one or both are claiming housing benefit, that goes up.
The bidding system is flawed, there can be dozens of people bidding for a social property, not always the people in the so called,"gold" highest priority are allocated properties.
People like that poor woman who are under 61 and through no fault of their own find they have an extra room, which could be a dining room as far as I understand, are targeted. Whether they're on benefits or earning this is amount that is often unaffordable.
There are no smaller properties for them to downsize to so they're trapped.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by this government.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 02:27 PM

I grew up with two large council properties either side of the house I lived in, both having just one person living there. When bungalows for one person were built they moved out, albeit reluctantly. Now there is nowhere for people to go when they give up larger properties. And even when the proposed massive new homes house initiative goes ahead it will not fill the gap of social housing for single people or just couples. Indeed, social housing is rarely mentioned. I agree with TessA - it's disgraceful.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 03:21 PM

I don't know how they can sleep at nigh so many people harmed by this government
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:48 PM

I think many people were harmed by the former government.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:50 PM

I didn't see too many committing suicide or having their benefit slashed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:53 PM

How do you know? I'm not disputing it but some figures to back it up might help.
I don't especially remember the labour years as all milk and honey and no hardship.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 10:06 PM

Did listen to LBC to day(you can get it on their podcast)

A father living in a one bed flat with his wife and a son of 8 Phoned up he was desperate to swop his one bed flat to a two bedroom one(Council) and has had no takers

If this unfortunate women had known about this caller then she might be still alive.

He is desperate for a two bed flat she did not need a two bed flat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top