Join for free
Page 20 of 23 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 03:13 AM

Re: The nasty face of Israeli racism:

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
What gets me about this obsession with Israel is the complete absence of any kind of equality with Russia's seizure of the Crimea & East Ukraine, China's occupation and terror in Tibet, the treatment of the Kurds by fellow Middle Eastern States etc.etc. It is this focus on Israel that makes me suspect Israel has two things that make it different a) it is a sort of ally of the USA and b) its full of Jews. ( Note not Zionists but Jews)

Correct ,well said .
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:40 AM

Nothing is entirely certain. I fear people who talk in certainties. I much prefer those who talk in probabilities, leaving open the chance they just might be wrong.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Nothing is entirely certain. I fear people who talk in certainties. I much prefer those who talk in probabilities, leaving open the chance they just might be wrong.

Yes, but ........ when you say you "suspect" Israel of being "a sort of ally of the USA" .... I have to laugh ....
I think you are joking with me.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:20 PM

I suspected that your anti-Israeli position was in part motivated by an anti-US bias. I still believe strongly that a fixation on Israeli "racism" ( though Jews and Arabs are both Semites) is driven by feelings of anti-Americaism and anti-Semitism disguised, as Orwellian logic has it, being the New-Speak of anti-Zionism. When you spend as much time and energy attacking Russian "racism" and Chinese "racism" I might just drop the anti-semitic charge.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:57 PM

I suspected that your anti-Israeli position was in part motivated by an anti-US bias.
I haven't read your response past this point, and I won't ...... until you give me your definition of "anti-Israeli position” .. and "an anti-US bias". Once you've done that I will decide if I am angry with you or not, but I am telling you right now that I do not appreciate having my knowledge and personal experience explained away by the childish use of words and expressions of rhetoric or insinuations of a conspiracy mentality.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales

26-01-2016, 11:26 PM

And I also have personal knowledge of such things too Very much so since my father was one of those British soldiers who cleaned up Bergen-Belsen after its Liberation and who also served in Palestine. Never ever assume you know better or that your petulance and personal bias is a substitute for debate. This conversation is now over. You suggest on my part ignorance. What an arrogant position you take. I'll not discuss with you any more.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

27-01-2016, 05:29 AM

That makes it easier.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 09:40 AM

And I also have personal knowledge of such things too Very much so since my father was one of those British soldiers who cleaned up Bergen-Belsen after its Liberation and who also served in Palestine. Never ever assume you know better or that your petulance and personal bias is a substitute for debate. This conversation is now over. You suggest on my part ignorance. What an arrogant position you take. I'll not discuss with you any more.

Presumably you will also accuse Ban Ki Moon of being an anti-semite too???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35414822
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales

27-01-2016, 09:51 AM

Anti-semitic behaviour Uncle Joe is those who SINGLE OUT Israel for criticism and neglect others like Russia and China and Turkey etc. It is the tunnel vision Focus of their protesting that highlights their selective focus on the Jewish State. Russia had seized territories from Chechnya to the Ukraine and no great demos held, China Tibet, the Turks Khurdistan Its always the Jews singled out. I have never once claimed Israel to be blameless ( it cannot be racist as Arabs & Jews are Semitic in origin ) BUT I do claim its critics are narrow in their focus and driven by less than altruism when they ignore the behaviour of others equally guilty.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

27-01-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Presumably you will also accuse Ban Ki Moon of being an anti-semite too???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35414822
You'll have to put that question to his father, who may have once flown over the southern half of the Korean peninsula during the 40's.

Page 20 of 23 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top