Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:08 PM

Re: Love they Neighbour

We don't speak much to our neighbours in winter, we all hibernate. We are the youngest in our close, all of the others are retired and we are still working (only being in our early 50s). We are off and out to work well before our neighbours are even awake, but we do keep an eye out for subtle changes, curtains not open when they would be normally, bins not put out etc etc and if we think something is up, then we will knock and enquire.

During the lighter evenings, late spring and summer we see them outside a lot in the evenings and weekends and often have a natter and a catch up.

I know for sure if I needed help I could knock on 3 or 4 of my neighbours and ask for help, and I hope they think they can do the same with us.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:37 PM

Don't speak to one neighbour, nasty piece of work, my other neighbours are brilliant. Directly to my right are a Scouse couple, riotous party hosts who are considerate and invite me to all their gatherings.

Next but one are an Indian family, I couldn't wish for better, lovely kids who give up a lot of their time to do voluntary work at the local cancer hospice.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:05 PM

We sold our previous property, an old farmhouse in 2012, as it was getting too big for us, especially as my husband is now disabled. It was very rural, and fine for the 15 years we lived there. We have moved to a detached modern house in a village setting, which suits us fine. Having mains drains instead of a septic tank is a luxury. The neighbours are friendly without being too in your face.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I see most of my neighbours around and about, chat a bit occasionally but like all good neighbours, they're there if anything's needed but not knocking on the door at all hours.
My immediate neighbour gives me so many lovely home grown fuschias in the summer it's unbelievable, along with tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.
It's a small cul de sac and everyone helps everyone else - like it used to be really!
There's not much gets past them, that's a fact!!

Yeah, I love my neighbours..
cranberry, I really envy you living in a cul de sac and having such lovely neighbours.

I grew up in a new council housing estate in a cul de sac . It was idylic !! there were 20 houses in the cul de sac, 5 blocks of 4 houses, all with nice gardens front and rear, and with a lovely big green right in the centre. Even as a child I knew the names of every single one of the 20 families and there wasn't a bad one among them.

I only wish life was still like that now with everyone looking out for each other, but time moves on I guess.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top