Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:31 PM

Re: Foreign Workers

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The biggest mistake this country made was when we started sending all our young people to university taking 'media studies' or some such waste of time.
But they are NOT universitys are they mostly they are just the ordinary colleges which have changed their name and started offering courses (such as that which you mentioned) and are of no help the real economy.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:34 PM

@purwell

In what?

I have over 50 years experience in breathing but it doesn't make me an expert in the respiratory system
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:36 PM

Come to think of it our tradesmen are constantly fleeced by new regulations which repeatedly come into force demanding more and more money, CHAS, SSIP, Gas safe not so long ago it was Corgi and many more, some of which have to be renewed year on year, no wonder they are sick of foreign workers undercutting them at every turn, it's a never ending battle.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie ->
Come to think of it our tradesmen are constantly fleeced by new regulations which repeatedly come into force demanding more and more money, CHAS, SSIP, Gas safe not so long ago it was Corgi and many more, some of which have to be renewed year on year, no wonder they are sick of foreign workers undercutting them at every turn, it's a never ending battle.
Quite right. It costs me approx £170 a year to belong to Gas Safe. On top of which, for every type of gas appliance that I work on, I have to undertake exams every five years. Every gas engineer has to have the core 1 exam first. So, all in all, it costs me approx £700 every five years ( excluding time off work ) and a £170 every year for GSR. On top of that, I have a Limited company to run and all of it's expenses, therefore, I have to charge accordingly.
Thankfully, it's only me in my business, but I and my company, still have to earn money.
Some of these migrants that may or may not pay taxes etc are there to help themselves and possibly send most of their money back home. This does not help our economy and belittles the genuine British tradesman.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 12:03 AM

It's reassuring to see quite a few posters backing the Brit tradespeople instead of slagging us off, as some do.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
@purwell

In what?

I have over 50 years experience in breathing but it doesn't make me an expert in the respiratory system
Seems to make you an expert in trying to put others down.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

29-02-2016, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Who have I put down?
Example please.

Your lack of any explanation, your unwillingness to post anything substantial leads me to believe you're just sniping.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

29-02-2016, 12:21 AM

You chose them.

British tradesmen(not odd job men)work to some of the strictest regs in Europe and are more closely scrutinised than their EU counterparts.
Are you sure about that? It is not my experience.
Yes, I can state that with confidence.
Well you are obviously so better informed than me.
Explain why my reply deserves sarcasm, please.
Also enlighten me as to your experiences.

Hit and run posting doesn't explain your position on such matters.
50 years experience does help though don't you think?
@purwell

In what?

Who have I put down?
Example please.

Your lack of any explanation, your unwillingness to post anything substantial leads me to believe you're just sniping.
This is your entire contribution to the thread.

Why not be a little more forthright and explanatory?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 05:20 AM

Peace of mind isn't cheap, but worth every penny.
Now THAT ..... is the bottom line.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 06:14 AM

This is your entire contribution to the thread.

Why not be a little more forthright and explanatory?
Nice of you to take the time and effort to do that but you do not tell me what, or when to post.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top