Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 11:05 PM

Re: Animal Testing

Originally Posted by morticia ->
it should be banned.
If a more advanced species were in the pecking order above humans i'm sure we'd be more than a little peeved if we were incarcerated and used for laboratory experiments.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And they still are suffering and dying.

Some people believe test results are fundamentally flawed anyway, due to the differences between dog and human physiology - for example - grapes, Ibuprofen and chocolate are safe for humans, but not for dogs.

You seem to think its fine to use primates too. Do you think these do not feel pain or experience fear then?

My post was from an organisation called http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/
who have rescued 550 Beagles from a living hell since they started in 2010. Now they have just rescued 4 more.
They find these dogs to be scared of human contact, (I wonder why), not used to being handled, terrified of household noises - even a television, and some took up to a year to settle down in their foster homes. They haven't a clue how to manage stairs or what a soft bed is for, and toys are completely alien.

Now authorised planning permission for expansion to the Yorkshire labs has been granted, but 16,000 people have so far signed a petition to disallow puppy farms in the UK to breed Beagles specifically for animal testing.

www.beaglefreedomproject.org/

I could never a trust someone who tortured animals day in, day out for a job. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Who the hell are you to think your life is far more important than another's life? I am quite sure the animal's life was equally important to them.
I so agree with you.
tina
Lincolnshire

18-03-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
thanks clumsy.
I shan't contribute any more to this subject now though because i haven't the patience to try and educate people who has so little compassion for other lives.

These animals don't need money and possessions like humans do, all they have is their life and their health, and even that is taken away from them.
tina
Lincolnshire

18-03-2016, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
spot on mups. I knew a woman who worked at a laboratory in congleton, her job was to take the dogs back to their cages when they had been "experimented" on. This woman said "you wouldn't believe what they do to the dogs". I told her i couldn't do that job, no matter how much it paid, and she said it paid well, which was why she did it.

I think it is wrong to put animals through such pain and torture and i once read that testing on animals has never been proved to achieve anything anyway. Use volunteers, they have a choice, yes or no, animals don't, but then animals don't have to be paid a wage do they?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:20 AM

For around 50,000 years, man has been killing animals in order to survive.
In all of nature there are predators and prey.
That is life.

I note that none of the human-haters/animal-lovers have said they would refuse a life-saving medication because it had been sourced through animal-testing.

If a treatment that will save the life of my grand-daughter has cost the lives of 1,000 mice, rats, pigs, primates or dogs ...
I don't care !!!

And I trust that all these warm-fuzzies never eat a steak, have bacon and eggs, fish and chips or lamb chops.

Hypocrites.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 12:10 PM

I am all for using prisoner's,I mean really you can only get a true result from a Human, besides these guy's ain't going anywhere soon.and or if they develop a serious rash,at least it will be contained.,Just a thought.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:41 PM

I thought the primary job of prisons was to rehabilitate the prisoners. Judging by some of the posts on here there can be no redemption. Whatever happened to forgiveness?
Although I despise cruelty to animals it's easy to condemn what we don't know enough about.
Back in the sixties a group of animal rights campaigners released hundreds of mink from mink farms. As a result, the mink wiped out the indigenous species of water voles and other furry riverside dwellers upsetting the balance of nature. Some areas still have not recovered.
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
For around 50,000 years, man has been killing animals in order to survive.
In all of nature there are predators and prey.
That is life.

I note that none of the human-haters/animal-lovers have said they would refuse a life-saving medication because it had been sourced through animal-testing.

If a treatment that will save the life of my grand-daughter has cost the lives of 1,000 mice, rats, pigs, primates or dogs ...
I don't care !!!

And I trust that all these warm-fuzzies never eat a steak, have bacon and eggs, fish and chips or lamb chops.

Hypocrites.
I don't eat meat, fish or eggs so I'm no hypocrite.

OldGrey, you asked whatever happened to forgiveness. Murdering scum don't deserve forgiveness.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
I don't eat meat, fish or eggs so I'm no hypocrite.

OldGrey, you asked whatever happened to forgiveness. Murdering scum don't deserve forgiveness.
Hi

It has nothing to do with forgiveness at all, it has everything to do with humanity.

I have no problem at all with killing people when the need arises, it does not arise when they are captive and no longer a danger.

If they are a danger to others, then so be it.

Deliberately torturing people is not for me, that is what we are fighting against.

It is a slippery slope when some people decide that others are lesser beings and deserve to be tortured, or, as has been discussed on here, used for experimentation.

That is not a society I wish to live in and to be honest, I often wish that those who advocate such things could witness first hand the effects.
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 01:06 AM

You mentioned humanity, Swim. But what humanity did they show to their victims? This is why I feel justified in thinking this way. Since capital punishment is no longer allowed, why should they live their lives in relative comfort?

My own cousin was murdered at the age of 29.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top