Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 05:47 PM

Re: Clumsy in the hot seat.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Oh goodness that's a difficult one. I have done some very stupid things in the past, they didn't seem stupid at the time, but they most certainly were.

I think the bravest I ever was (not that I had any choice), was sitting in an open topped land rover type thing whilst a huge wild bull elephant was having a poke around us with his trunk and then having a good scratch on the vehicle which had us rocking side to side. Our driver that day was scared too, he did a lot of the driving for Big Cat Diary and he said afterwards he was "just a bit worried!". I was terrified, but I sat there quiet as could be, mainly because I was too scared to breath. I was very glad when the elephant decided we weren't worth bothering with. The driver made all his notes, evidently this elephant was one that wasn't seen very often but occasionally crossed over from the Tanzania side.
Wow, a wild elephant seems less dangerous but I still think I would rather encounter a lion! If it killed me I would be gone quickly but I am not sure how much harm. without death, an elephant could do!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Wow, a wild elephant seems less dangerous but I still think I would rather encounter a lion! If it killed me I would be gone quickly but I am not sure how much harm. without death, an elephant could do!
Elephants can do a lot of damage, it mostly ends in death if one decides to remove you. A party of Italians on safara had their vehicle attacked by an elephant, the elephant overturned the vehicle, all the people were lucky they survived, some had serious injuries. They survived only because the elephant broke a tusk whilst attacking the vehicle and presumably the pain caused it to panic and run off. Always a bad idea to mess with elephants.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Hi Clumsy, some great answers here.

As it is hot most of the time in Spain, what type of casual clothes are your favourite to wear around the house?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 06:49 PM

It sounds as though you've moved around a lot Clumsy. Was it to do with work or for pleasure?
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 08:12 PM

I am with you Clumsy on Singapore. such a beautiful place. but would you consider ever coming back to dear old Blighty to live or will you always live abroad?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It sounds as though you've moved around a lot Clumsy. Was it to do with work or for pleasure?
Both Carol. Holidays and work, always European countries for work, truck/motor shows, at which we put in an attendance, sometimes invitations from various companies to various PR events or "bribes", as I liked to call them, for the trade press. I did get to see the inside of truck factories, which was, dare I say it? mostly boring. After 12 years of press/PR I decided do something different, so more study and I became a social worker, working mostly with people with learning difficulties.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-04-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Hi Clumsy, some great answers here.

As it is hot most of the time in Spain, what type of casual clothes are your favourite to wear around the house?
It isnīt always hot Cedronella, the winter months, although mostly sunny, can be cold, so itīs jeans and jumpers for me. In the summer when itīs really hot, just loose sundresses and when in house I am usually to be seen with a large piece of paper towel tied round my head looking like a ninja turtle.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-04-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
I am with you Clumsy on Singapore. such a beautiful place. but would you consider ever coming back to dear old Blighty to live or will you always live abroad?
Iīm glad itīs not just me tina, I just love Singapore. I even went back there once just to buy a suitcase I needed a new suitcase, mine fell apart, I saw one in Singapore that I really liked. Mr Clumsy assured me I would be able to get one just like it back in England, well I couldnīt, so I went back to Singapore to get it. I still have it.

I wouldnīt be too happy to have to come back to UK to live, Iīm very happy here in Spain, but who knows what the future will bring?
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Clumsy, what is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
Clumsy, what is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you ?
Iīve more than a few of those Gilly, but one memorable one was in Harrogate at the truck show. I was there with my boss Pat and his wife Carol. All 3 of us were going to different company dinners that night, but the night always begins with a round of cocktail parties which all the major companies there throw. After that itīs off to the various dinners. Carol and I were having a great time going from one party to another, then Pat appeared to collect Carol, they were off to dinner with Leyland Daf. A few seconds later the Cummins Engine Company man came dashing in, saying he had been looking for me all over the place. Yes, I had forgotten I was going to their dinner and they had a coach organised to take their guests. I of course had missed it, so a taxi was organised to take me and the PR man. There were only 2 females at this dinner, myself and a woman from a Scottish Truck magazine. All went well, until the after dinner speeches when Cummins Company Chairman was thanking everyone for coming, "especially (L)
from Truck magazine who not only cost us a taxi fare to get here but is costing us one back as well, so we have a gift for her so she wonīt be late again", he then presented me with the biggest alarm clock you can imagine, goodness knows where they got hold of it before I arrived, but the laughing and cheering had me very red faced and squirming.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top