Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Re: I'm Off To Tesco Now But I Won't Be Buying Any Food!!

Ooooh, the tit squash as I always call it
Last years wasn't as uncomfortable as it usually is. Don't know which is worse the squash or the cold plates
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is right Muddy and all those who have experienced breast cancer are checked every year. Tumours can form in a matter of weeks, so can I suggest that all ladies continue to check for lumps themselves, between mammograms ,and go straight to the doctor if you find anything that feels like a lump.
Hi twink , my life was saved by a mammogram although I lost half of a breast to it. I passed the 5 year all clear and was discharged from the hospitals care. when I asked about future mammograms I was told that they would be every three years unless i went private, I am now at the end of the three years and waiting for my appointment.so they dont automatically do one every year. my consultant at the hospital and my GP both said the same thing.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, I've been to all my appointments, sadly I think I had the last one last year. I don't think they do them for oldies....
If you're over the age of 70, you'll stop receiving screening invitations. However, you're still eligible for screening and can arrange an appointment by contacting your local screening unit.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
If you're over the age of 70, you'll stop receiving screening invitations. However, you're still eligible for screening and can arrange an appointment by contacting your local screening unit.
I had one last year, I was 73. Was told they had extended the years, but they didn't say for how long.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I had one last year, I was 73. Was told they had extended the years, but they didn't say for how long.
When l inquired today, l was told you can still request another screening after the age of 70 but it was all about money! She said if you do get breast cancer at a later age, it is not as aggressive as you no longer produce hormones.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
Hi twink , my life was saved by a mammogram although I lost half of a breast to it. I passed the 5 year all clear and was discharged from the hospitals care. when I asked about future mammograms I was told that they would be every three years unless i went private, I am now at the end of the three years and waiting for my appointment.so they dont automatically do one every year. my consultant at the hospital and my GP both said the same thing.
That surprises me Tina. My hospital told me that all future mammograms would be every year and all the ladies I speak to in the waiting room tell me they have to go every year. Maybe some hospital's do it differently.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 12:48 AM

Mine must be about due again, too.
It's not my favourite way of spending an hour I must say, but it's best to go and get checked.
In a way, we're lucky to be given a choice to have these free tests.
I find smear testing even worse and horribly embarrassing.

I have found over the years, that some of the professionals are alot rougher than others.
When alot of us girls at work went along to the unit outside Bedford hospital a few years back, the wretched woman hurt all of us. One of the other carers even had bruised ribs afterwards! I remember my boss putting in a complaint about it.

The joys of being a woman ey.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Ooooh, the tit squash as I always call it
Last years wasn't as uncomfortable as it usually is. Don't know which is worse the squash or the cold plates
Tit Squash hey Pesta?
I want some!
Particularly if I can have it in grapefruit flavour.
Can you please tell me where I can buy that juice?
Can I buy it in litre bottles?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 01:38 AM

Even less fun is a digital prostate examination, I can tell you that !

For most blokes, anyway.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Even less fun is a digital prostate examination, I can tell you that !

For most blokes, anyway.
What about when they take samples for analysts?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top