Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 08:01 AM

The Windsors

Watched The Windsors last night, supposedly a comedy take off of the Royal family played by real people.
well I dont know about you and I love a good laugh, and really loved "Spitting Images" way back.

But we watched 20 minutes of it and turned it off, we found it downright insulting, and no where near funny.
P.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 08:07 AM

Re: The Windsors

I fell asleep . Lots of F words in it . Will try again next week
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 08:14 AM

I can swear as good as the next man, but I agree the Language was terrible
P.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 12:25 PM

Hubs had it on so unfortunately watched both episodes and found it utterly dire. Hope he doesn't want to watch it again. Spitting Image was funny, I agree, maybe we are just showing our age. Maybe it would appeal to younger people. Or maybe they've got better things to do than watch rubbish.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 02:34 PM

I managed about ten minutes, won't be watching any more episodes...Utter Rubbish.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 03:36 PM

Watched it this afternoon-what a load or c**p. Won't bother with it again.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 08:13 PM

‘The Windsors’, a parody and spoof of the Royal Family
It is unbelievably distasteful and crass. In some Countries the dialogue alone would be criminal and would not be allowed on any public platform
There is Harry Enfield as Bumbling Prince Charles. Haydn Gwynne, as scheming Camila is doing her best to undermine Kate, by giving her the wrong advice, Morgina Robinson, as Pippa, who is depicted as a mercenary sex maniac, who even tries to seduce Prince William after she has had a romp in bed with Harry. It also includes other members of the Royal Family. Prince Edward is a conman, and Prince Harry is an imbecile and can’t even read.
And there is far too much swearing, practically in every sentence in their conversation.
Of course it is only ‘ make believe’, but, how would the Director and Producer like it if someone did the same about their families?
It is well acted and laughable in parts …if you like making fun of the Royal Family and telling lies about them as well.
pumpkin
UK
pumpkin is female 

14-05-2016, 12:56 PM

Utter rubbish, saw the first 10 minutes and switched off
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I fell asleep . Lots of F words in it . Will try again next week

I'm sick to death of the 'F' word being so frequently used on telly now. It is often not just an occasional thing, but ion some films it is practically continuous.

It may well be a natural way of talking to some, but I am fairly sure many of us do not speak like that in every sentence we speak, and I personally, do not like it - not in 'real life' nor on the box.
Someone once said to me it shows a lack of vocabulary, and this is often the case.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Awful. As soon as I realised hubs was going to watch it I left the room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top