Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 05:31 PM

Re: Are There Thread Subjects You Wouldn't Touch With A Barge Pole?

I hate those threads that start with, "Would you..." or "Have you ever..."

And that's it. There's nothing else in the thread title
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 08:01 PM

i steer clear of threads regarding politics
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Hi OGF, We all know that statistics have been useful in the past, but these days people use them to make money. I have little faith in healthcare statistics because we are all individuals and need care based on the individual, rather than what suits the majority. I have actually proved this in my cancer treatment( and my oncologist agrees) but I am still trying to teach the diabetes experts why they get things wrong. Statistics may help sometimes but I would never allow them to influence my own healthcare decisions.
You most certainly have overcome you health problems with a positive mental attitude Twink, and you have my admiration. However, how would the professionals know if a treatment or medication works without feedback and the interpretation of the statistics?

How would M&S know which was their most popular product in order to stock enough items in the future?......And without statistics there would be no record of sporting achievements over the years. And the weather would be almost impossible to predict without previous statistics?
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 12:53 AM

I very rarely post in the games section, and I am not a fan of what for me seem like silly threads but what I dislike the most is when I see a good topic and it has gone the "bantering/silliness" route, and the topic is lost, by then, I think "not worth posting".

Otherwise, if a title catches my eyes, I will read it regardless where it is !
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I try to steer clear of the threads where the 'Saints,Martyrs,and know it alls' post,..cos I'm trying to be a sweet little old Lady by cutting out blowing raspberries and sticking up My middle finger at the laptop screen...I WILL succeed but I MUST try harder
Ha! The pictorial of that just made my evening!
Thank you ma'am!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You most certainly have overcome you health problems with a positive mental attitude Twink, and you have my admiration. However, how would the professionals know if a treatment or medication works without feedback and the interpretation of the statistics?

How would M&S know which was their most popular product in order to stock enough items in the future?......And without statistics there would be no record of sporting achievements over the years. And the weather would be almost impossible to predict without previous statistics?
Ok I am prepared to admit that they do have some uses. On the other hand I have to say that M&S don't seem to be using them very well in the clothing section
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 06:53 AM

I agree M&S have totally lost the plot with clothing .
Hello M&S have you tried providing clothing for your main customers?
Women who have to the money to buy your stuff .
Who the heck chooses what you put in your stores ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:21 AM

I like to have a quick look in almost all threads. The ones I would never look at all are few - soap opera stuff, smutty joke stuff etc.,

Politics - well - I am not sufficiently well informed to participate but I do like to read others opinions and learn from them.

Food/drink - I do not inflict my daily menu on others - only contribute if I have made/read about something special that others may like to share. I love to cook - almost as much as I love to eat - so it is good to read new recipes.

Games I love Hangman and LMBs Rebus challenges - not really into the alphabet lists etc.,

I do not like to see vulgarity and foul language being used or members being shouted down - fortunately none of those happen too often in here and when they do they are dealt with swiftly.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby
and LMBs Rebus challenges
I need to get back on board with those don't I!
Point taken!
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 11:25 AM

I have no problems discussing any subject, tis how you learn about people and how they perceive the world. Discussing social issues can gives you a different perspective and can cause you to reconsider your opinions.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top