Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: Time Off for Footie?

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Different sport - ice hockey - but same idea....
Where my husband works, they brought in a telly.
It stopped a lot of sick-days, and the whole day wasn't wasted.
Of course, that wouldn't work in every situation.

Oh, and they'll have the EURO tournament on - all sports get shown.
And apparently some work does get done!

Exactly !! Hockey here is very important..so yes, there are hockey games on too !
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would not be thrilled if any employee of mine was watching sport when they should be working, I think that should be a sackable offence.
Then we are glad you are not our boss LOL

Lots of work gets done and many of us have been at company for many years, so I am guessing our bosses appreciate the work we do.

Mind you even our bosses take breaks to watch the games lol
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
At work we have a large scree TV in our lunchroom, right now it is on a news channel, but whenever there is an event like the Olympics, Euro or World cup, that is what is on and many take several breaks to watch a bit of it. Also, many of us have it on our computers.....our bosses close their eyes on these occasions lol
Employers in Canada must just cater more for their staff. I can remember you telling me once you do a lot of your forum business whilst at work. Over here, I think employers can block access to any sites that they consider distracting. Must be hells own job to implement it though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:16 PM

It's a bit like "Fag Breaks", this always upset the none smokers, Footie breaks will cause the same divisions
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Oh I hate the game and all that it stands for.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 06:56 AM

I think it's a great idea
All of Australia takes a day off for the Melbourne Cup
Why not?
Life's too short to grind all the time.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:07 PM

The idea is to allow flexible working, so people can vary their normal hours, to allow them to take in the game.

Now that wont be possible for all industries / jobs but where it is possible it is a good idea. No one is getting something for nothing, as all hours still have to be worked, but a bit of flexibility on when is surely a good thing?

Provided it doesn't disrupt the smooth running of the company/ organisation then I'm all for it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Employers in Canada must just cater more for their staff. I can remember you telling me once you do a lot of your forum business whilst at work. Over here, I think employers can block access to any sites that they consider distracting. Must be hells own job to implement it though.

That is true Morty, some places even have no 'outside line' on the phones so you can't use them for private calls.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is true Morty, some places even have no 'outside line' on the phones so you can't use them for private calls.
Good idea.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Wouldn't happen in India or China.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top