Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 12:18 PM

Re: The Joy of Getting Old.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There's a very simple answer - do as I have done and buy a riser/recliner chair which then eliminates the need to grunt descending into or rising from the chair. - simple!!!
I never told Phyllis about that super chair of yours Geoff, if she knew about it she'd want one and then she'd never do a hands turn in the house ever again.

I haven't got to the grunting stage as yet, the wife likes to make sounds when she's getting out of her armchair, not actual grunts mind you, but a short sharp series of three sounds...Ugh, ugh, ugh, never more than three per sitting, I think it's automatic, she does it all the time and seems to enjoy it, some folks are easily pleased.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I never told Phyllis about that super chair of yours Geoff, if she knew about it she'd want one and then she'd never do a hands turn in the house ever again.

I haven't got to the grunting stage as yet, the wife likes to make sounds when she's getting out of her armchair, not actual grunts mind you, but a short sharp series of three sounds...Ugh, ugh, ugh, never more than three per sitting, I think it's automatic, she does it all the time and seems to enjoy it, some folks are easily pleased.

There's worse vices than having a good Ugh Ugh Ugh Jem, you let her enjoy it
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 12:57 PM

I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of 'Grunters' could stop grunting if they wished, I think it becomes a habit after a while and may be hard to give up, but it can be done, just make a conscious effort not to grunt the next time you get out of your chair, no harm in trying it, it'll take years off you, audibly anyway.
I'm sure I read that in Grumble's "Cures for Groaning Grannies"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Do you grunt when getting in or out of a chair? If so, does it help ?
Never mind grunting according to this list I was sent there are lots of advantages to being over 60:

01. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

02. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

03. No one expects you to run--anywhere.

04. People call at 9 pm and ask, did I wake you?

05. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

06. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

07. Things you buy now won't wear out.

08.You can eat supper at 4pm.

09. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10. You get into heated arguments about superannuation.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with the music in the shopping mall.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the ABC weather forecast.

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

19. You can't remember who sent you this list.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Great list Bruce, my favoutites are 17 & 18.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 01:34 PM

I Resemble many of those Bruce.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-03-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I Resemble many of those Bruce.
That reminds me Nom, we used to have a cranky old chap in the pub years ago and if you passed a remark he wasn't pleased with he used to stand up and shout " Take that back, I resemble that remark" he was priceless God rest him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Love that Jem !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Nice one Bruce.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Pfffffffffttt, DO I?! The worst time is when I have to get on my knees for some reason. The trouble I have getting up is unbelievable and yes there are many moans and groans to help.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top