Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Re: ´My worst ever day

Loretta I am so sorry you have lost your lovely little Muffin

I feel like a murderer
..please don't.
I had the same problems with Amy and her heart and I know had I not made the decision when I did Amy would have died in the next day or so anyway struggling to breathe and I have no doubt Muffin would have been the same and you have saved him from that.

It is horrible to lose a much loved pet, they often have a closer bond with us than most humans and some people just don't understand that.

Give ChoCho lots of hugs, have a good cry when you need to and remember there are people here who understand how you are feeling..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I´m feeling like a washed out zombie right now. I know I had to do it, poor little Muffin was in a really bad way and no hope of improvement, everything that could be done was done.

We have a new vet, Maria, she is lovely and very competent. Our normal vet has left, he is starting work in UK sometime next week. As we were leaving the vet surgery yesterday we heard someone shouting to us, it was Antonio the vet who has left. He came running to the carpark to us and had a look at Muffin whilst there, bless him. He has looked after Muffin for some years now and he knew Muffin didn´t have long, not that he would tell me that in so many words.

When we returned home this morning after Muffin was put to sleep, I noticed an email from Antonio asking how Muffin was this morning. Of course I replied and told him. I then received this from him:

" I am very proud of you, becouse you have taken the correct decision, don´t blame yourself at all, I am here to support you, but having respiratory distress is the worse situation we must confront. Calm down and be strong, kisses from your vet and friend Tony."

Now you see what a lovely caring vet he is. I hope the people in Kempston, Bedfordshire know what a wonderful, kind and really caring vet is coming to work in their town.

Thank you all again for your kind words, I am feeling really down right now and missing my little Muffin. Poor little ChoCho is also looking very sad, I guess she can´t understand where he is.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 04:09 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, clumsy, but you know you did what was best for Muffin and could not have done anything else.

I have often thought about the future with regards to losing Bennie. Hard though it is, I tell myself that for him to go first means that he doesn't have to face losing me. That's sort of a comfort, as it takes his pain away.

Give cho cho lots of cuddles and she will do her best to comfort you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I´m feeling like a washed out zombie right now. I know I had to do it, poor little Muffin was in a really bad way and no hope of improvement, everything that could be done was done.

We have a new vet, Maria, she is lovely and very competent. Our normal vet has left, he is starting work in UK sometime next week. As we were leaving the vet surgery yesterday we heard someone shouting to us, it was Antonio the vet who has left. He came running to the carpark to us and had a look at Muffin whilst there, bless him. He has looked after Muffin for some years now and he knew Muffin didn´t have long, not that he would tell me that in so many words.

When we returned home this morning after Muffin was put to sleep, I noticed an email from Antonio asking how Muffin was this morning. Of course I replied and told him. I then received this from him:

" I am very proud of you, becouse you have taken the correct decision, don´t blame yourself at all, I am here to support you, but having respiratory distress is the worse situation we must confront. Calm down and be strong, kisses from your vet and friend Tony."

Now you see what a lovely caring vet he is. I hope the people in Kempston, Bedfordshire know what a wonderful, kind and really caring vet is coming to work in their town.

Thank you all again for your kind words, I am feeling really down right now and missing my little Muffin. Poor little ChoCho is also looking very sad, I guess she can´t understand where he is.

Tony is indeed a lovely person and ChoCho is going to need special attention over the next couple of weeks to adjust, you need distraction too, fortunately you live in wonderful surroundings - plenty to see and do, wishing you so well xx
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Thank you Orangutan and Patsy, he is going to be very much missed, everyone loved him, he had the sweetest nature. I´m missing him following me around huff huff huffing, his way of communicating, but watching him suffer was tearing me apart.

I do of course wish Antonio (Tony) well in his new job, but many of us wish he wasn´t going. He is the kindest and most caring vet I´ve ever known, as well as being an excellent one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Thank you Orangutan and Patsy, he is going to be very much missed, everyone loved him, he had the sweetest nature. I´m missing him following me around huff huff huffing, his way of communicating, but watching him suffer was tearing me apart.

I do of course wish Antonio (Tony) well in his new job, but many of us wish he wasn´t going. He is the kindest and most caring vet I´ve ever known, as well as being an excellent one.

That's a double blow for you at this time - you have been in my thoughts all day x
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:02 PM

My most sincere condolences on your loss Loretta. As a pet owner who, like most every other pet owner, has been in your situation and shares your pain and distress, I can empathise with your feelings of guilt but please don't feel guilty. Muffin loved you as you loved him, he's had a wonderful life with you and knows that whatever you have done you have done it for the love of him, and with love for him. If he could thank you for your love and his life with you he would, and he would also thank you for freeing him from his distress and pain when the time came.

Be sad that he's gone by all means but also rejoice and give thanks for the years you shared. Trust me when I say that time will heal your pain, and until then my thoughts will be with you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Thank you so much Patsy, Plantman and everyone. There really are some lovely caring people here and I want you to know that I appreciate every one of you for being so supportive.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 09:19 PM

Thank you so much Patsy, Plantman and everyone. There really are some lovely caring people here and I want you to know that I appreciate every one of you for being so supportive.
Having a dog in your life is an experience like no other.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Clumsy I am so sad to read the news of Muffin. What you did for him was not murder it was an act of love.

You will of course have lots of lovely memories of Muffins time with you, and these will carry you through. It's hard when we have to say goodbye to much loved pets, for our own sakes we don't want them to leave us, but you did what was best for him, and released him from discomfort and pain.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top