Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:24 AM

´My worst ever day

This morning I had to make a terrible decision. After a mostly quiet night I woke to find little Muffin could barely breath, two steps and he couldn´t go further, his breathing was rasping, his little sides were heaving with the struggle.
Yesterday he had the strongest injection possible for him, it didn´t help at all, the medication wasn´t helping either. I would have struggled on for ever if he was comfortable and happy, but this morning he was in a terrible way. We went immediately to the vet, he was even worse when we got there and after examination it was obvious that nothing was going to help. I couldn´t bear to see him suffer any more knowing there was no hope of any improvement. The vet said it was time and so my little Muffin was put to sleep.
I am now heartbroken, I feel like a murderer and although it was less than an hour ago I am missing him dreadfully. ChoCho is at my friend´s house, I don´t know how she will cope without Muffin, she adored him. This morning Muffin struggled out into the garden, ChoCho followed him then a minute later she came running in barking at me, I followed her out and she ran straight to Muffin who had gone as far as he could but didn´t have the strength to come back.
This is a horrible day for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Re: ´My worst ever day

Loretta - so sad for you, I cant speak - my arms enfold you in spirit
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Oh, I am so so sorry.
I'm a complete stranger to you, but know that I feel your pain.
Sending you a whole bunch of hugs.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Oh how sad for you Loretta. You didn't murder him you put him out
of his misery. He will have loved you so much he wouldn't hate you
for that. Even poor ChoCho knew it was his time.
It is a devastating thing to have a beloved pet put to sleep.
I am still having a little sob about my BabyBob and that was in June.
You never forget them Loretta and you gave him the best life ever
so you should feel proud.
He will always be with you and his love will be with you too.
Take care and try not to blame yourself, its part of life which is
terrible I know but has to be done. My good wishes go to you and
everyone involved.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:47 AM

I'm so sorry for you Loretta. It bought a tear to my eye too.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:57 AM

My sympathy to you too Loretta ... but it was the kindest thing you could do.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 11:13 AM

Be brave ,you have done the kindest thing to stop the suffering ,its seems unfair our pets we love so much have such short lives to us .have a good cry it might help.sending hugs your way ..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:41 PM

Loretta, I'm so sad to be reading this and feel for you, all of our dogs remain in my memory, and how I wish they could live as long as humans do. Better he should go at the vets in a peaceful way than be in pain and crying at home, and he'll be waiting for you at the bridge that's for sure.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Oh Loretta, I'm so very sorry to hear this

Please don't blame yourself, little Muffin couldn't have had a better Mum who thankfully had the strength and love to understand that he couldn't take any more suffering and finally gave him the kindest gift she could. He will remain in your heart forever.

I feel your pain at this time Loretta, sending you and your husband comforting hugs xxx
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:57 PM

We've been in this position with several of our dogs over the years and, no matter how necessary it is, it is never an easy decision to make. Our vet is wonderful and always allows us to hold our dog throughout. That way the dog knows that it is safe and loved - it always leaves us distraught, but definitely calms the dog and eases its journey.
The only words of comfort I can offer is simply to cherish your memories of the good times you had with your companion and they will help you through.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top