Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Re: To Whom it may Concern - Please don't Spoil Our Site .

I cannot see what all the fuss is about. Bodily functions have been poked fun at and made jokes about since time immemorial. There are far more offensive posts on this forum which I could moan about if I felt the need. We have had humerous posts on farts, womens breasts, religion and many cheeky inenuendos have been posted - it happens regularly.

I also think it is rude to say somebody should clear off and find another site just because they have offended their "up tight" sensibilities. The thread that is being discussed I don't think was ever intended to be taken in any other than an amusing self-depreciating way.

What does make me cross is when a post starts off seriously and then - because some twirzle has nothing worthwhile to contribute - and can't stand to say nothing - he makes the thread degenerate with childish name calling and vague (sometimes nasty and also rude) depreciatory comments of no relevance. He might think that this strategy is clever and witty, but what really does spoil a decent debate and it "gets up my nose".

Anyway, we have moderators on this site - who call the shots and they do not anonymously point fingers with childish comments like "to whom it may concern"

Best left to the moderators to decide, I think. - Rant over.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Different people find different things offensive, it would be a dull world if we all thought the same. I don't like explicit sexual references or swearing, but then I don't like people taking the mick out of people with disabilities, mental or physical, or racial remarks, but as I was told recently "that's your perogative" and so I say "that's also yours"......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:38 AM

The thread did deteriorate a bit but I guess it was inevitable with the topic we were talking about. Can't say it bothers me too much not my type of humour but I know others enjoy it. And this is a forum for all of us to enjoy surely that means some of it won't be to everyone's tastes ?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Who's been using the F word

Sorry, I was referring to MRs Browns boys a tv sitcom
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:44 AM

Whats wrong with a place for it, we have places for everything else...
Fun stuff - discussions, technology ...etc ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:48 AM

Watched about 5 minutes of Mrs. Brown and switched channels, it would have been funny without the swearing, like that little comedian who sweats a lot, can't remember his name but he would be very likeable without the language!
I think having grown up in the "free love" age, we have a slightly different view of sex than baby-boomers. Plus, there was Billy Conolly and Dave Alllen, Kenny Everett who made us laugh at "rude" stuff, but, you didn't hear the bad language much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Whats wrong with a place for it, we have places for everything else...
Fun stuff - discussions, technology ...etc ....
Think the thread being talked about sort of lent it's self to the humour, it wasn't something anyone would have just started a thread about. Often like this threads go a bit off topic, it's natural with a chatty site like this.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Remember seeing Billy Connolly 'An Audience with' .... the guy was so funny, tears were constant of laughter, have watched again several times.. We couldn't wait to see another one of his shows after seeing him many times on Parkinson, again very funny. So, a tour show came on and we settled down, it was 'constant' swearing - almost every other word, sounded so crass, made no bloomin sense, so switched off !
He's better than that !!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Sooooooooooo, mixed views then!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 11:40 AM

It can be difficult to please all our members and the Moderators are presented with dilemma when what appears to be a serious topic degenerates into adult humor.

If anyone thinks a topic has 'gone too far' please use the report post button and we will take a look and if necessary move it to the Adult Humor Section.

Hopeful this solution will help us to accommodate everyone.
Thank you.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top