Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Re: What happened to weekend television?

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
If you two let me know when you're going to watch it I'll join you and we can all sob together! xx
That would be loverly Twiz .....you're too far away
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 05:54 PM

I cant watch anything with Bs in it ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 09:30 PM

'Downton abbey' will be back soon - thats been alright up to now - the posh folks are nice [/QUOTE]

I loved Downton, found it quite compulsive viewing, but from what I read, a few of the previous cast have gone, so they'll be some new faces. Let's hope it's still as enjoyable.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
There was once a time when Saturday and Sunday were good days to sit down in front of the box with a glass o' wine, but lately I've found myself turning the television off on Friday night and not turn it on again until Monday evening.

About the only thing worth watching is "Sunday Politics" but it is off at the moment so there really isn't anything on, unless I want to watch Murder, She Wrote...
Maybe people just don't watch as much tv as they used to - one programme I like is Would I Lie To You and Des O'Connor was a guest this week and in his introduction, it said that his shows would regularly pull in around 12 million viewers! (if I've remembered that bit right - I was in shock at the numbers). I don't know if any programmes pull in anywhere near that anymore. Maybe poor quality programmes meant people found other things to do which meant the tv companies keep better things for autumn and winter?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 03:32 PM

I think a lot of people multi task as well now, TV on and social networking or shopping /forums etc So even if they do put something good on it is missed by half the people watching it !
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Dare I admit it............well I will. I'm looking forward to the X Factor coming back as well as Strictly. Usually one follows on the other or a slight overlap. :-

Looking forward to Downton Abbey too.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Maybe people just don't watch as much tv as they used to - one programme I like is Would I Lie To You and Des O'Connor was a guest this week and in his introduction, it said that his shows would regularly pull in around 12 million viewers! (if I've remembered that bit right - I was in shock at the numbers). I don't know if any programmes pull in anywhere near that anymore. Maybe poor quality programmes meant people found other things to do which meant the tv companies keep better things for autumn and winter?
The reason for that is there were only four channels when Des was at his prime.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=ben-varrey;327698]Maybe people just don't watch as much tv as they used to - one programme I like is Would I Lie To You and Des O'Connor was a guest this week and in his introduction, it said that his shows would regularly pull in around 12 million viewers! (if I've remembered that bit right - I was in shock at the numbers).

Yes BV, I like ' Would I lie to you' too.
Don't like that pop-eyed twit with the horrible laugh on '8 out of 10 cats' though, can't remember his name, the one that was in troube a while back with the Inland Revenue. What's his name?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 11:30 PM

That "pop-eyed twit" would be Jimmy Carr
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-08-2013, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
That "pop-eyed twit" would be Jimmy Carr

That's it Jimmy, I couldn't think of his name. Well done.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top