Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 05:12 PM

What happened to weekend television?

There was once a time when Saturday and Sunday were good days to sit down in front of the box with a glass o' wine, but lately I've found myself turning the television off on Friday night and not turn it on again until Monday evening.

About the only thing worth watching is "Sunday Politics" but it is off at the moment so there really isn't anything on, unless I want to watch Murder, She Wrote...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Re: What happened to weekend television?

I agree - weekend telly used to be great. My favourite was Sunday Night at the Palladium - lots of good acts to see.
There was usually a good film in the afternoon too.
Miss those days. Now its best to have yer tipple and listen to the radio or some good music ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 05:24 PM

BTW - we're downloading some gems from 'you tube' - good old stuff to watch - Fab
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 05:37 PM

Saturday evening we tend to catch up on programmes we have recorded during the week, Sundays we turn off and either go for a walk or have family round for a nice evening of chatting over a board game or card game.

Just waiting for everyone to arrive now, have baked some biscuits and a cake for them to enjoy and have the cards all ready, will be snap until little ones go to bed then something a little more grown up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-08-2013, 05:41 PM

Us too - never watch anything live - record everything, skip ads, ditch the programme if we dont like and watch something else ....
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I agree - weekend telly used to be great. My favourite was Sunday Night at the Palladium - lots of good acts to see.
Miss those days. Now its best to have yer tipple and listen to the radio or some good music ...
That is sound (pardon the pun) advice and upon reading it felt compelled to follow it. As such I am currently half cut and playing a Country ^ Western LP.

Good times, good times,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Saturday evenings are a good time to watch our Andre Rieu DVDs......sheer joy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Yes - a different feel to the mood, listening to good music in the evenings with a tipple ..... nice
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 08:14 PM

There always used to be a good film on Sundays, war films mostly. I don't understand why, when there's thousands of films out there, they can't find a good one!
Just found out "Once Upon A Time" is back on, "Trollied" is starting again soon. That's about the best at the moment. There's not any good comedy's either! Why this obsession with the countryside?
I'll be watching "War horse" again in a mo on dvd, it's getting worn out!
I'll stop moaning now folks!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yes, but we are given a choice Pats - rubbish or repeats.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top