Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Re: How to sleep well

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I think somewhere sleep has been mentioned and I said that I sleep very very badly I go to bed at 10 pm and read for half an hour, go straight to sleep only to wake and hour and a half later and this goes on the entire night, if I went to sleep for a whole 2 hours without waking I would think it was Christmas,
I always am happy to get up at 7 am next day.
I go to bed between 11 and midnight, most nights, read for a bit then generally fall asleep very quickly, never sleep for much more than an hour before waking, then if I'm lucky it's about every 2 hours. Sometimes though I start thinking about things and then can be awake for an hour or so. I nearly always wake properly between 7 and 7 30, even if I've been awake for an hour or more. I always stay in bed till 8, listening to the radio. I too like a cold bedroom, but have a hot water bottle.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 06:32 AM

Currently im on a cocktail of drugs amounting to 17 different types of tablets. Im sure this is affecting my ability to sleep well. I will be looking to reduce these as soon as i can. Im not fond of taking medication.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 06:45 AM

About half a bottle of good single malt whisky guarantees me a good night's sleep. Good thing I don't suffer with hangovers.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I go to bed about 12 midnight, fall asleep straight away, sleep very deeply and wake refreshed about 5:30am. Been that way since childhood - just don't seem to need more than that.

I prefer a cool room - windows open even in winter.

Wow a deep sleep, that would be lovely, you only have to touch my shoulder and I'm wide awake.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Wow a deep sleep, that would be lovely, you only have to touch my shoulder and I'm wide awake.
LOL! You could march a brass band through my bedroom and I would not hear it!:-
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Currently im on a cocktail of drugs amounting to 17 different types of tablets. Im sure this is affecting my ability to sleep well. I will be looking to reduce these as soon as i can. Im not fond of taking medication.

My goodness. You're probably right about the meds affecting your sleep. Have you told the docs that? They really need to know Nom, and they might be able to adjust it for you.
If you keep losing sleep you will get run down and then it will lower your resistance to other infections again. Tell 'em a.s.a.p.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 10:10 AM

I usually go to bed between midnight and 1.00am, lay there unable to sleep and get up again an hour later. Sometimes do the ironing if there is any or some other small job. Then go back to bed around 3.30-4.00am depending how I feel. Often I don't 'drop off' until 5.00 or 6.00am, managing a couple of hours sleep.

The only way I can guarantee a few nights good sleep is when my back is really painful and I have to take a cocodomol tablet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 10:11 AM

I would do anything to have a quiet mind and no worries .
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:01 AM

I rarely sleep through the night and invariably wake up anything up to 5 times, often only an hour or so apart.

If I get at least 4 hours undisturbed sleep I feel so much brighter in the mornings.

On holidays I sleep very well so it's all to do with my life here in the UK.

Until I retire I just won't know if it's the work cycle that's getting me down but I strongly suspect it is as I wake up at 5:30 every day without fail.

4 days per week I work and I get up at 6:00 yet I never need my vibrating alarm clock when I wake at 5:30! stevmk2
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL! You could march a brass band through my bedroom and I would not hear it!:-
i do envy you so much ,,,,zzzzzz

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top