Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act

Originally Posted by fender ->
I may have to agree with you on this tbh.
But they were only following the law and doing the only legal thing they could.

It's a change in the law we need making dog on dog aggression illegal.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But they were only following the law and doing the only legal thing they could.

It's a change in the law we need making dog on dog aggression illegal.
I've not looked into the law tbh Julie.
But yes, something should perhaps be done about dog on dog aggression.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I've not looked into the law tbh Julie.
But yes, something should perhaps be done about dog on dog aggression.
To be fair I only looked into it when our late Mollie was attacked it flummoxed me that anyone was allowed to keep a dog that had attacked another, no requirement to muzzle or keep on a lead.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 09:35 PM

As I said in post 23, dog on dog IS now a punishable offence - but only for attacks on Guide Dogs.
As I also said, the Staffie type that tried to kill my dog was muzzled but the nasty half-wit of an owner let it off lead in a public park anyway.
Even if my girl hadn't been heavily pregnant, that dog could still so easily have broken her back the speed he hit her and bowled her over and over.

I agree the law must be changed.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 10:14 PM

There has been a lot of criticism of the police seizing the family pet and paying a fortune to keep these dogs on death row, often in cruel conditions e.g kept in isolation and deprived of human touch etc. Stung by the criticism they appear to be more relaxed.

They just can't win really.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
All lots of consideration for the family of the poor bugger killed by an obviously out of control dog that Plod could not be arsed to do the necessary paper work to get it put down. Whoever made the decision to return this dog to it's owner should lose his job.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:37 AM

Not read this thread fully but I think it would not be amiss to draw attention to another death - quite horrific as always ...

Man dies after attack by seized dog in Huddersfield
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37094526

Originally Posted by BBC
A dog previously seized by police over fears it was dangerous has attacked and killed a man days after being returned to its owner.

It is thought David Ellam, 52, was trying to protect his own Yorkshire Terrier when the larger dog turned on him.
Make of it as you will. I will say this though - dogs are not toys and their teeth are there for a reason.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Not read this thread fully but I think it would not be amiss to draw attention to another death - quite horrific as always ...

Man dies after attack by seized dog in Huddersfield
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37094526

Make of it as you will. I will say this though - dogs are not toys and their teeth are there for a reason.
Please try to keep up, I posted this yesterday.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 01:32 PM

Here's our local paper's report on the incident. Dog is reported to be a kind of `Staffy` breed.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...ttack-11757679
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 02:45 PM

Interesting the way they've reported it. They claim it to be a staffy-type dog which obviously grabs far more headlines than a "Staffy-Labrador cross" which is what they change to later in the article.

If the dog had no history of attacking humans then the police were seemingly right to release this dog. A staffy-labrador cross is not a banned breed.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Here's our local paper's report on the incident. Dog is reported to be a kind of `Staffy` breed.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...ttack-11757679
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-08-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Interesting the way they've reported it. They claim it to be a staffy-type dog which obviously grabs far more headlines than a "Staffy-Labrador cross" which is what they change to later in the article.

If the dog had no history of attacking humans then the police were seemingly right to release this dog. A staffy-labrador cross is not a banned breed.
That's it exactly no reason apart from dog on fog aggression which is not illegal. If we stopped the dog on dog aggression, and yes I know not all dogs progress to human aggression we might make it a bit safer out there.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top