Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

28-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Re: Should older women get pregnant>

What an unpleasant post, do you vote BNP?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
What an unpleasant post, do you vote BNP?
Its not unpleasant its my view. I don't vote BNP because there is no candidate in my constituency but I would seriously consider it yes. Britain for the British thats what I say and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. If you like to see this country overrun by every nationalty under the sun that is of course up to you.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 06:00 PM

In the end I guess it comes down to the Women involved. However the very thought of going through all that again myself makes me quite faint.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

29-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
In the end I guess it comes down to the Women involved. However the very thought of going through all that again myself makes me quite faint.
Same here!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 10:51 AM

I was twenty eight when I had my last child who is now mid thirties. I was the oldest mum in the ward now I would be one of the younger ones. I don't like to see children having children but child birth and child rearing needs to be done when you are young and active and before your body starts to throw nasty things at you.

I am sorry that this question brought out the anger in people regarding race, immigration and intolerances. There are many white immigrants in this country now and although I have mixed race children of my own it does make me sad when everything wrong in this country is blamed on immigration.

Surely this is not a government problem for once. We belong to Europe and can go and work or live where we please just as Europeans can do the same. I know for a fact West Indian people are now our black British and we should be proud of them the same with our Indian British they are playing football and cricket for their country and in the Olympics they will be trying to get medals for their country.

I hate racism it makes people like me who have loved someone of a different race feel bad inside so goodness only knows how it affects people who are a different shade of colour to the rest of us Brits?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

29-03-2012, 12:24 PM

The people who condemn immigrants being permitted to settle in the UK, might discover if they traced their family history back that their forebears were immigrants too!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 01:28 PM

Quite, I was surprised to find that my grandparents came from Northern Ireland but my father was a Scot. My husband's dad came from Lithuania. My children's dad was from the West Indies but his ancestors originated from the East Indies.

This is a very difficult subject and I thought that we had seen the last of it in the sixties.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

29-03-2012, 02:53 PM

This is a very difficult subject and I thought that we had seen the last of it in the sixties.

Sadly not, there was that evil racist attack in Salford a few days ago, where a black woman, pushing a baby in a buggy, had acid thrown at her.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 04:36 PM

**Abusive posts removed**
Please stay on topic.
Thank you
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

30-03-2012, 11:57 AM

I would like to say that the 'Abusive' post was mine and yet it was in no way abusive. It pointed out that racism is not a one sided coin that anyone can be racist. It also spoke of my horror that this lady in Salford had been attacked. I have dealt with racism and ignorant people all of my life but to have a post removed and be accused of being abusive on this subject so close to my heart is just awful and I am very upset.

Someone else took over my 'Should older women get pregnant' thread by saying that there were too many immigrants here and I pointed out to them that this had nothing to do with the thread.

I am appalled that this has happened and shall not be posting anything else. My 'Diet' thread was taken over by argumentative people who did not agree with my way of 'dieting' now this.

I shall keep to the games but will not post anything else. I know others have left this board for the same reason. I don't see that I have done anything but bring a touch of humour and humanity to this board therefore I shall not run out and slam the door I just realise that some of the people who do frequent here cannot discuss without becoming abusive and this doesn't appear to be a problem. As I say I am very very unhappy about the Abusive post slur and feel that the thread was just not read or understood. Please read thread #35

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top