Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Re: Is it a conspiracy?

I would def' go out and sunbathe (if there was any sun)….and I def' won't eat any snow (especially if it's yellow)...nor will I gargle with disinfectant!...will take the rest of the advice with a pinch of salt...take care All,x
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 10:49 AM

Friend has returned 5 days earlier home from a cruise around Thailland and Asia . Some countries refused entry to the cruise ship so many days were spent as sea . They have all been offered a free cruise next year as compensation . She said everyone was pleased they were cared for the food was amazing and lots of parties . The captain was very sorry but amazing saying let's just enjoy the sun and party . Come back next year on us .

Sounds good to me
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Well whatever the cause, I have just seen and read this. My daughter has said it is ‘fake news’. Well it makes sense to me. Your thoughts?

Tips from a Chinese researcher on how to stay safe during the coronavirus epidermic
LETS BEAT CORONAVIRUS W’ KNOWLEDGE & INTELLIGENCE! NOT WITH PANIC.

A young researcher from Shenzhen Canton, China was transferred to Wuhan to collaborate with the Task Force fighting the coronavirus epidemic, & enthusiastically shares this clear & simple information that accurately describes details about the virus, how it is transferred from one person to another and how it can be neutralized in our daily lives

LETS BEAT CORONAVIRUS W’ KNOWLEDGE & INTELLIGENCE! NOT WITH PANIC.

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a cold: it does NOT cause runny nose or wet cough but instead a VERY dry and rough cough & shortness of breath.

Drink an abundance of hot liquids as they neutralize the virus and are easy to ingest. The virus does not resist heat and dies if exposed to temperatures greater than 26-27 degrees celsius, therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths, soups or simply hot water should be consumed regularly.
(Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes or snow for those in the mountains with children.) Please☀ also sunbathe😎

The coronavirus has a large molecule size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so any mask can help stop spreading it.
(The situation is different for doctors and health workers who are exposed to heavy loads of the virus and must use special equipment.)

If an infected person sneezes nearby; keep a three meter distance away as the virus will fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on us.

When the virus is on surfaces it can survive up to 9 days, therefore when metal surfaces such as doors, appliances, transport railings etc. are touched, hands should be washed well for 20 seconds and disinfected with alcoholic gel.

The virus can live nestled in clothes and tissues up to 24 hours, common detergents can exterminate it, elements that cannot be washed daily are recommended to be exposed to the sun.

How it manifests:
The virus first manifests in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.

The virus travels through the moisture present in the airways, moves down to the trachea and installs itself in the lungs causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days

Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty in breathing, there may be a choking lack of air sensation. If this occurs, call the doctor immediately!

How to avoid contagion.

The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct contact, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present:.

The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes but in that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose, as this allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for the good of all, wash your hands very often for 20 seconds and disinfect them with alcohol or same gel.

Gargle with disinfectant solutions that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat, doing so will remove it before it moves down the trachea to the lungs.
(Baking soda & lemon)

Disinfect your phone, PC keyboard, mouse & vehicle’s steering wheel often.

NEW WARNINGS
This new NCP coronavirus does not show signs of infection for many days, impeding clarification of infected persons. By the time a fever or cough manifests and a person goes to the hospital, the lungs are already 50% affected by fibrosis, & it may be too late!

Taiwan experts suggest doing a simple test each morning:

Inhale deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If achieved, without coughing, without difficulty and / or feeling of oppression, etc., this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is necessary in these critical times to do this simple test every morning!

This is serious excellent advice from Japanese doctors who treat COVID-19. We must all ensure that our mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY, you should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will pass through the esophagus directly to the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus, if not enough water is taken regularly the virus can pass into the trachea and then to the lungs, which is very dangerous.

Share this information with family, friends and acquaintances for solidarity and common sense !!!!!!

PLEASE READ TO THE END AND PRACTICE SUGGESTIONS

THE CORONAVIRUS IS BEATEN WITH KNOWLEDGE AND INTELLIGENCE, NOT WITH PANIC
I'm taking this as sound advice .... Thank you.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 04:06 PM

Sorry but this is fake news...
I was sent a shortened version of that a few days ago and also thought it sound advice...so sent it to lots of my contacts. Then I discovered it is yet another internet myth...so had to email them all and apologise
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 04:34 PM

it may or may not be fake news but there is no harm in trying some of what it suggests. The advice disinfect your phone, steering wheel etc is common sense advice.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There is a school of thought that thinks the corona virus scare is a conspiracy in order to get rid of oldies ,prisoners and other expendables.

What do others think ?
That may have been the original intention particuarly as it was 'released' in China where they are vastly overpopulated!

If it was I think it's now grown way beyond what was originally intended and it's not just the older chinese population it is killing anymore!

..and if it was I hope whoever created it catches it and it kills them! ...but surely no-one would be stupid enough to create a killer virus without a vaccine? ...just in case they accidentally were exposed to it themselves?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Oh, thanks Glanny. I was just about to start emailing this around.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
it may or may not be fake news but there is no harm in trying some of what it suggests. The advice disinfect your phone, steering wheel etc is common sense advice.

I wonder what the situation is with letters coming through the letterbox and touched by someone who may be a carrier of coronavirus? I picked up my INR blood test result card and a bank statement with a tissue this morning, but bloomin difficult to rip open the serrated edges on the blood test card to read it!! Also had the wonderful news contained in it that I have to go back to that medical centre on Thursday for yet another blood test when the bruising hasn't even disappeared from the last one! HO HUM!

Have ordered my shopping with Tesco for the next three weeks as delivery slots being taken up very quickly and advised by Tesco to book early in advance to ensure a delivery slot. I've changed delivery instructions for the driver to please knock on the door and leave shopping on doorstep (Phoned Tesco in advance and they told me that the driver will put the shopping into bags for us even though they operate a no plastic bag policy) we also won't have to sign for the shopping. The driver will instead ask if all okay and that is that. Any problems and we can still phone for a refund though

Kudos to Tesco for helping those of us who wish to self-isolate and not risk others coming into our home, the same goes for the safety of the drivers also.

Not sure what to do with meat and fresh veg though, so used to going to the butcher and the market for both but don't like the idea of others handling it as well. All I have done is stock up with tinned fruit and veg (apart from bananas) HWMO will have to make do with Frozen Fish courtesy of Birds Eye Gastro. It's all so surreal!
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 07:48 PM

I love a conspiracy theory...... China biggest contributor of green house gases......Now pullution is down by 25%, its not that long ago they had Climate demonstrations and protests in Wuhan.

With China's biggest high grade Virus study centre in Wuhan, makes for convenient access for a young lab assistant who wants to save the planet.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I love a conspiracy theory...... China biggest contributor of green house gases......Now pullution is down by 25%, its not that long ago they had Climate demonstrations and protests in Wuhan.

With China's biggest high grade Virus study centre in Wuhan, makes for convenient access for a young lab assistant who wants to save the planet.
... erm ... or destroy the planet.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top