Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:40 AM

Re: Reincarnation

Yawn ....... to the first half of post above
If it is true - you probably will come back as a Muslim Billy ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I think you need to prove reincarnation actually exists before debating how the mechanics of it are supposed to work.
Coming fresh from discussing gremlins and their thieving habits, I think we can safely assume anything exists

If it does exist, what is this "something" which leaves the body at the point of death and 'floats' into another body which has just been born/conceived?
It is the 'essence of being' the human body is driven by electrical impulses and we all know that electricity doesn't just disappear because the conductor is no longer viable - it has to go somewhere.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:46 AM

I sometimes wonder what planet some of you come from. I believe in freedom of thought but "reincarnation"? IMO
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I sometimes wonder what planet some of you come from.
Do you mean now or where we were previously from
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:47 AM

If it was a proven fact then it would alter things for the better for sure - why wouldn't it? As it stands now though ideas rule the roost and wow are those ideas warped. Heads full of religion, bigotry, jealousy, racism, intolerance etc. Yeah, someone prove it and spread the word .
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 09:52 AM

Why not reincarnation? it goes someway to explaining the lifes injustices,if you live a good decent life,a hard life of toil and taxes,not too good,not too bad,just in the middle then i am sure that amounts to something when you die,otherwise everyone would kill and steal and stuff,and work,why bother working if it doesnt matter at the end,may as well all sit around and drink beer and not care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I think you need to prove reincarnation actually exists before debating how the mechanics of it are supposed to work.

If it does exist, what is this "something" which leaves the body at the point of death and 'floats' into another body which has just been born/conceived?
Graham for the latter to be possible you would need an equal number of people being born and dying at the same time wouldn't you.
Perhaps this is where the buddhist idea of being reincarnated as different species comes from, it allows for there being a 'receptacle' into which each departing soul can be deposited.

If there is reincarnation I want to opt out of it, one ife is quite enough for me. I would like to be left in peace under the trees and wild flowers.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Graham for the latter to be possible you would need an equal number of people being born and dying at the same time wouldn't you.
Perhaps this is where the buddhist idea of being reincarnated as different species comes from, it allows for there being a 'receptacle' into which each departing soul can be deposited.

If there is reincarnation I want to opt out of it, one ife is quite enough for me. I would like to be left in peace under the trees and wild flowers.
But you only have one life? the one you have now! you have forgotten your last life,and when you are dead and reborn from this life you will not remember this life at all.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
But you only have one life? the one you have now! you have forgotten your last life,and when you are dead and reborn from this life you will not remember this life at all.
I didn't have a past life, nor is there one after this one. This is all you get, I'm afraid.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
Why not reincarnation? it goes someway to explaining the lifes injustices,if you live a good decent life,a hard life of toil and taxes,not too good,not too bad,just in the middle then i am sure that amounts to something when you die,otherwise everyone would kill and steal and stuff,and work,why bother working if it doesnt matter at the end,may as well all sit around and drink beer and not care.
This is a variation of the old argument "There just has to be....so there is!" Life isn't like that. It does not have to have a meaning. Life is just life.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top