Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Re: Tesco

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
BoyRacer crops up on at least one other forum that I used to frequent. He is a one man propaganda machine for all things Tesco.
I used to be the same it's just recent changes have made me wonder, but still they are cheapest around here by far so annoying though they are I will still be shopping there.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 06:00 PM

BoyRacer crops up on at least one other forum that I used to frequent. He is a one man propaganda machine for all things Tesco.
Obviously two man because you wouldn't use the other forums i'm on
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 10:51 PM

It would take a lot more than propaganda to persuade me to shop at Tesco ever again.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 11:31 PM

Can we please dispel this incorrectly generated myth that I am some propaganda machine for Tesco
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
Can we please dispel this incorrectly generated myth that I am some propaganda machine for Tesco
Be careful thou doth protest too much.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's the thing we have noticed - lots of products past the sell by date - always check the dates now .......
Sorry about Late reply just noticed this thread.

If a product says "best before" date nothing wrong if buy and you use it after that date.

If a product states "use by" then more serious if sold after the date, I would not buy or use.

Sorry if this has been pointed out before.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2014, 12:01 PM

I always check dates and would not buy anything with a short shelf life, either use buy or best before, apart from food that I can freeze on the day a purchase.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2014, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I always check dates and would not buy anything with a short shelf life, either use buy or best before, apart from food that I can freeze on the day a purchase.
We use a site called approved foods sometimes, loads of out of date stuff which is perfectly OK and really cheap if you can store bulk buys. Sniff and look test is best never even check dates anymore.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2014, 01:35 PM

I read recently that
"avoidable household food waste has been cut by an impressive 21% since 2007, saving UK consumers almost £13 billion over the five years to 2012.
However, despite this significant drive to reduce food waste, UK households are still throwing away 4.2 million tonnes of household food and drink annually; the equivalent of six meals every week for the average UK household."

There is also considerable wastage from the food industry.

I pay little heed to sell by, use by etc... if it's OK, I eat it.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Read thus far with interest,because t'is but three months ago that I forgave Tesco for taking up room on my planet and gave them a try.
Until that time I was happy with ASDA...well,I say 'happy',more accurately,they were the shop I ordered home delivery of comestibles from.
It irked me on occasion to know I was being charged £5 for delivery,but as I was often still trundling back to the yard on a Saturday,going shopping wasn't a 'deep joy' thought. BUT. Then came the day we tootled to the ASDA store,as Yes Dear wanted to buy a flat tv. That day ended up in chaos. I was 'fined' £60 by ASDA for parking 'too close to the disabled bays'. Not IN one,you'll notice...no-too fkn CLOSE to them! Right-THAT ended up with me getting the manager in a Mongolian Chuff Lock,the police being called,their pansy 'security' guards being too bloody frightened to come anywhere near me,a LOT of people getting 'youtube' type videos on their mobiles....and Yes Dear threatening to cut off my plums with a rusty nail-file if I didn't let the manager go! Yep-so for parking TOO CLOSE to a set of disabled bays,not IN one,I ended up telling that manager EXACTLY which orifice he could shove his 'parking fine' up,while three coppers stood there smirking! So,shut ASDA account,give Tesco a go. To date,they totally outshine ASDA in both service [they're here when they SAY they'll be here] and in price. Same stuff,but around £25 cheaper,on average. Oh-plus we got exactly the same tv Yes Dear wanted,but it was £32 cheaper.
So [if you've read this far I congratulate your staying power] to date at least,Tesco have been aces. We have a little plastic card thingy that Yes Dear knows how to use,which she delights in using for replacing things.
Just got a new cordless kettle from that card-£28 saved. Deep Joy.
Ok-apologies for involving you in my unutterably boring tale.
Carry on,chaps.....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top