Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 01:50 PM

Re: Earth without the Moon ....

Smashin' picture Patsy.
It seems Calamity Jane was a Buffalo Gal. Irish Dancers are often described as 'Hoofers' so I thought buffalo Girls were heavy hoofers, something in the line of Les Dawson's 'Roly Polys', how wrong can you be.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Smashin' picture Patsy.
It seems Calamity Jane was a Buffalo Gal. Irish Dancers are often described as 'Hoofers' so I thought buffalo Girls were heavy hoofers, something in the line of Les Dawson's 'Roly Polys', how wrong can you be.
Jem
I recall hearing the song in an old movie and I thought it was that the gals were from Buffalo ........ but I prefer your version
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:02 AM

And I thought they were the wives of these fellas.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:25 PM

I'm more interested in Black Holes nowadays, there was a space program on BBC4 the other night, presented by that charming young professor with the perpetual smile, can't remember his name now. Seems these holes have the whole scientific world baffled and Smily is not ashamed to admit it, I admire his honesty.
Two questions came to my mind as I watched this program, in these days of political correctness, is it racist to call a Black Hole a Black Hole? And does a Black Hole become a White Hole in daylight?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:27 PM

I've thought the same Jem ......
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2015, 02:35 AM

His name is Brian Cox. I watch all his shows.
They say even light can't escape from a black hole. Does that mean they have a light inside the hole?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

17-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
His name is Brian Cox. I watch all his shows.
They say even light can't escape from a black hole. Does that mean they have a light inside the hole?
Ah yes I should have remembered his name as it's the very same name of a favourite Scottish actor I love, Brian Cox.

Don't know about the light in the hole Peter, but I believe anything that goes in never comes out, it disappears into nothing, that's nothing as we know it, but nothing could be the secret of everything, or so they say in scientific circles.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

18-02-2015, 02:59 AM

I've been reading about a theory the other day, that in time black holes will deteriorate and whatever they have accumulated will be free again.
Amazing how scientists calculate these things.
namibcheetah
Johannesburg, South Africa
namibcheetah is female 

19-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Is there a particular reason for doing it on that night?

I usually trim mine when I think it's getting too long.
I've always had long hair (my sister too). My mother would watch the skies at night and then trim our hair on full moon. She told us then that the pull of the moon would make our hair grow longer and faster. If I may say, my hair is still long and in good condition, the grey hairs even compliment the colour now, naturally.

But I also heard that the Moon was originally some type of asteroid that crashed into Earth and its original shape was oval. Do you know anything about that?
namibcheetah
Johannesburg, South Africa
namibcheetah is female 

19-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Lol, for real? I never knew that!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top