Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Re: Horsemeat burgers

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I didn't even know that Ikea sold food products!
Yes they do but sometimes the instructions are iffy and the ingredients are not always all there.(sorry)
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 04:25 PM

Me and friend spent over an hour trying to find the way out of Ikea in Bristol, had us going round and round up and down all the isles following the exit signs. We had fish,chips and peas but nearly had the meat balls they did look nice.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 04:36 PM

I've just had an e-mail from Sainsburys where I shop all the time and they say they have had all their products fully tested and no sign of any horsemeat. They also say they can trace the source of all their meat products and are fully in control of the situation. I have always trusted Sainsburys though but nice to hear from them to confirm all is well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I've just had an e-mail from Sainsburys where I shop all the time and they say they have had all their products fully tested and no sign of any horsemeat. They also say they can trace the source of all their meat products and are fully in control of the situation. I have always trusted Sainsburys though but nice to hear from them to confirm all is well.
I received the same email last week Val, it was reassuring to receive it in writing from Sainsbury's management and not through any press reports which I don't always believe.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
There are many drawbacks to living on a tiny Island but buying local meats is a definite boon - not only can I trace it back, I can get my hands on the farmer if he tried to pull a fast one like selling horse as beef!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:04 PM

I bought some meat balls in aldi yesterday and jokingly said to the people behind me at the checkout 'I wonder if they contain horsemeat' there were about five people there and all of them laughed but agreed that they were not bothered. One woman said that she had paid a lot of money for a horse steak in France. Another lady said she didn't mind the horese but worried about how it got in the food, how were they killed and what tranquilisers or other medication they had been given when alive.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:07 PM

And therein lies the problem Cookie - also, from what I've heard, there are certain diseases that can pass from horse to human (usually via what they leave on the roads, etc) but it may follow the same is true if they are eaten. It's not knowing if they have been classed as fit for consumption really.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 11:08 AM

The fact it contains horsemeat is not necessarily a problem as long as the packet doesn't say its beef. Thats how it all started. Trades Descriptions Act and all that we need to know that it is what it says on the tin not something else.

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top