Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-01-2013, 10:11 AM

Horsemeat burgers

It appears horsemeat has been put into burgers sold by some of the supermarkets. Horsemeat isn't going to kill anyone. I remember eating it on an exhange trip to France when I was 14. Admittedly I choked when the host family told me what the meat was. However, if you eat meat what is the difference between eating horse, cow, pig, sheep or cat and dog, for that matter?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 10:38 AM

Re: Horsemeat burgers

Indeed - What's the problem? I've eaten horse meat in France, bear and reindeer meat in Finland - Aligator, ostrich, buffalo and kangaroo in various other countries, and it hasn't done me any harm.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 10:59 AM

Meat is meat, so long as it's not from someone's pet !
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 11:08 AM

The problem is that no one knew it was 29% horse meat!
If it said on the packet this contains 29% horse meat no one would have bought any! It is FRAUD.

Trust the Irish to do this, now we know what happend to Shergar - he was eaten!
What next My Lidl Pony?

Chap next door fell ill after eating Tesco burgers.
He was taken to hospital and his condition is stable.

Tecso burgers give me the trots!
I can't spend too much time on here today, the fridge needs mucking out!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Well we certainly won't be Eating them. We have 2 Clydesdales and even the Thought of Eating Horse makes me Retch.
We don't eat Burgers anyway so I'd still not be Buying..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
The prblem is that no one knew it was 29% horse meat!
If it said on the packet this contains 29% horse meat no one would have bought any! It is FRAUD.

What next My Lidl Pony?

Actually the additive used came from a supplier in the UK, so look before you leap. Being a lover of horses I resent your Shergar remark, acceptable in a joke perhaps but I don't see any smiles.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
The prblem is that no one knew it was 29% horse meat!

What next My Lidl Pony?

I find this reply insulting, patronising and down right inappropriate!

How long will it be before the admin of this forum bans this <snip>?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Some say no problem, but horse in the UK and Ireland can only come from knackers yards, these horses have usually died of illness or injured and put down by a vet, who knows what these horses have been injected with.
I for one don't eat meat, but the shops and wholesalers have to be fined heavily for this, especially Tesco, they actually say on their Beefburgers 100% beef, that is a lie.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 02:33 PM

I would never knowingly eat Horse meat to me it comes under the label tame , domestic animal , .Same as Dog ,Cat, which we don't eat because they have a close friendly link with us . If we can eat domestic what next humans..
Should we or can we become Caniballs ..

Shergar the race horse that was kidnapped /stolen , I thought everyone assumed it was made into dog meat , and i'm being serious .Hope I dont get called an idiot or called to be banned for my post .
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-01-2013, 03:18 PM

My point is the silliness of people complaining about eating horse, which is quite acceptable in France, when they are prepared to eat the meats found on the supermarket shelves in the UK. Think of those sweet little baa lambs which end up on the dinner plate!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top