Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:26 PM

Re: Exercising during the pandemic

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Just walking with the dogs. Weve had to change our walks a bit to avoid people but we get 6 miles on average and more if we go to the nature reserve.
It’s good to be out in nature.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Posted about my exercise here....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...72#post2034872
Thanks Meg. Yes you did
I like how you posted the link. I didn’t realise that you could do that.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cakeman ->
i made up my own routines from jogging on spot, stretches, sit up, dips, weights using plastic bottles or bucket filled with sand/water/dirt, its amazing how you can improvise,i do each in reps n sets then increase how much i do as it gets easier. i also cycle and do some running....dont need a gym.
Cakeman, that’s very inventive. Now why am I having flashbacks - Rocky IV ? Because of the Coronavirus, we now have to train like Rocky!

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:34 PM

Other than the state ridiculously closing the beaches and trails for a short time, my exercise routine hasn't changed very much: daily running, surfing when it's warm, daily step aerobics with three-pound weights, and rarely, rarely the dreadmill and recumbent stationary bike.

I've never been able to stick with a gym, though I know it works well for others, and I respect people who can stay with gym programs. The distraction and rewards of being outdoors silence that lazy voice in my head that says it's too hard, too hot, too boring....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:36 PM

I'm quite inactive lately, I was a gym bunny and swam regular but since lockdown im really slacking. To be honest I'm feeling quite down and need to get off my bum and move again, exercise puts me on a high. I cant get motivated although I did do mr motivator on you tube last week.
I dont tolerate cold very we so i dont enjoy walking at the moment.

Wake me up when the virus has bogged off, im goingbinto hibernation.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Other than the state ridiculously closing the beaches and trails for a short time, my exercise routine hasn't changed very much: daily running, surfing when it's warm, daily step aerobics with three-pound weights, and rarely, rarely the dreadmill and recumbent stationary bike.

I've never been able to stick with a gym, though I know it works well for others, and I respect people who can stay with gym programs. The distraction and rewards of being outdoors silence that lazy voice in my head that says it's too hard, too hot, too boring....
You’re blessed with great weather too Surfermom! It’s great that you found what works best for you.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm quite inactive lately, I was a gym bunny and swam regular but since lockdown im really slacking. To be honest I'm feeling quite down and need to get off my bum and move again, exercise puts me on a high. I cant get motivated although I did do mr motivator on you tube last week.
I dont tolerate cold very we so i dont enjoy walking at the moment.

Wake me up when the virus has bogged off, im goingbinto hibernation.
Start slow LionQueen. Spring is on the way so you’ll soon be able to start your exercise!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Wow Carol, you’re really kitted out! I still need kettle bells and a rowing machine. I’ve got a threadmill and the airwalker.

I just usually walk my dogs around the neighbourhood.

The grandkids love it too.

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-02-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The grandkids love it too.

Awesome Carol! Adorable grandkids too! You must be a proud grandmother
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Awesome Carol! Adorable grandkids too! You must be a proud grandmother
Yes I am. Josh is autistic and behind with his speech but he's so adorable. Taylor is the proud big sister - she adored him too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top