Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 05:44 PM

Re: Slow Lanes for Pensioners

So lucky here that all checkouts are slow

It's compulsory to chat to the till operator and that person will happily pack your bag and wheel your trolley to the car for you

Petrol station attendants still come out and fill up for you as well
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:02 PM

I have just realised this topic is about the checkout and not the trolly dash .

My checkout procedure is as well organised as my shopping with goods swiftly placed in sections on the conveyor belt/ dry goods/cleaning/ cold goods/ fruit or veg and heaven help anyone who distracts me from the task in hand or offers to pack my goods. My OCD won't allow such things
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:24 PM

What a load of rubbish. I've seen young uns' with pushchairs clog up the shop just as bad.

I notice it says it took 9 months for these 'researchers' to study a whopping 25 households in Hertfordshire.
This is as bad as those who got to research if baked beans increased exhaust emissions in people.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:37 PM

Oh yes dear I could do with some help packing,now where is my purse? Oh I forgot this item on my list,just be a minute while I get it.

I will get there one day.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:58 PM

I never chat with the checkout lady, I do shop and scan, this way I can also see how much I am spending on my way around.

I am over 70, so I can understand shoppers chatting at the check out, lets face it, some of them might be like me and don't see anyone for a few days.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Never underestimate the check out lady. Some years back we were in Morrison`s and the person in front of us was extremely rude to the lady behind the till. Oh you are a bloody foreigner why do they employ your sort?? Now it goes without saying that the customer is not always correct.

It passes and I say-You are South African? I know that accent-can I just say sorry for the way you were treated by that cow.

Thank you Sir it`s OK. I speak six languages and I`m doing this to pay my college fees.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not thanks
I am a 'pensioner' and I would guess faster than most people in the supermarket as I dash from shelf to shelf weaving between shelf stackers and those who are idly chatting with my well-planned list of shopping pausing for no man
I whizz around too Meg. If anyone gets in the way, I accidentally shove my trolley into theirs with a smile on my face. Usually shuts them up, they can see I'm the angelic type
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not thanks
I am a 'pensioner' and I would guess faster than most people in the supermarket as I dash from shelf to shelf weaving between shelf stackers and those who are idly chatting with my well-planned list of shopping pausing for no man
Me too Meg. I think we need a special lane for our type. It could be called The No Sodding about Lane.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 10:07 PM

First thing I think is that they should make the shopping lanes one way.
Well, when I am dashing down a lane and another trolley comes at me on the wrong side of the lane. Keep to the left.
As for the checkout, I always try to find where there are two people with one trolley, as they hopefully are both loading their shopping.
But it don't always work, as at times I have seen one of them just standing about admiring the scenery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
What a load of rubbish. I've seen young uns' with pushchairs clog up the shop just as bad.

I notice it says it took 9 months for these 'researchers' to study a whopping 25 households in Hertfordshire.
This is as bad as those who got to research if baked beans increased exhaust emissions in people.

Yes Mort, I agree - especially when they are on their flippin' mobile phones at the same time!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top