Join for free
Page 25 of 28 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 11:18 AM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Originally Posted by BlueEyes ->
But she was never outside ! Her mother said she would never go outside .Aren't you just trying to undermine the competent detectives who were called by the local police ? Your suggestions seem to be doing just that.
She must have been outside at some point, or how could she have been missing! I am not trying to undermine anybody, I am merely pointing out that Tootsweet's opinion is not unreasonable and remind you that they were her suggestions,not mine. I would suggest that, unless you knew the detectives that the local police called in , your opinion on them being competent also has no value.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
She must have been outside at some point, or how could she have been missing! I am not trying to undermine anybody, I am merely pointing out that Tootsweet's opinion is not unreasonable and remind you that they were her suggestions,not mine. I would suggest that, unless you knew the detectives that the local police called in , your opinion on them being competent also has no value.
And there we have it.
The same could be said for the McCann's supporters who also have no tangible evidence or proof .. even after all these years. Yet doggedly defend them and exonerate them of any culpability.
At the very least the sensible, basic conclusion should just be it's an open, unresolved case... and will probably always remain so.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And there we have it.
The same could be said for the McCann's supporters who also have no tangible evidence or proof .. even after all these years. Yet doggedly defend them and exonerate them of any culpability.
At the very least the sensible, basic conclusion should just be it's an open, unresolved case... and will probably always remain so.
I would agree, as nothing has been proved either way. The opinions posted on here are just peoples opinions and emotions but, if a thread like this is started, that is all we can hope for.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:00 PM

I don't think that anyone on this thread has said that that the MaCanns were not at fault leaving those children alone in that room .

Nor that they have not accepted culpability .
One look at their faces you can see that they blame themselves every day that they live.

I don't believe the malicious speculation that they are 'not telling everything '.
What have they got to tell?
Madeleine was alive at six o clock that evening .
In the hours prior to her going missing does anyone with any common sense believe that these ordinary people on a family holiday ,who did not know the country killed their own child hid her body somewhere and covered it up between popping up and down to dinner ?

Every parent on the planet has done something they regret while parenting their children.
Thankfully most have not had to pay the ultimate price -the loss of their child .
Some have and they are eternally condemned .
Not by others but by themselves .
They will never find peace and will be tortured for the rest of their lives .

Enough surely .
BlueEyes
UK
BlueEyes is female  BlueEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Twink55;849400]She must have been outside at some point, or how could she have been missing! .[QUOTE]
You obviously missed the BBC Crimewatch programme when the senior UK detective of Scotland Yard helping the Portuguese police said they now have to consider that it was possible the child did not leave the holiday flat alive.So on that someone moved a dead body. Do you really want to defend these parents so much that you ignore what the police say ?
I'm out of here . No use argueing .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlueEyes ->
Of course they should , according to them they decided not to hire a baby sitter before they left the UK . Disgraceful premeditated behaviour
What on earth is that supposed to prove there is no way I would entrust my precious children or grandchildren to some unknown baby sitter in another country . If indeed that is true and not just more regurgitated gossip, good for them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

29-02-2016, 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=BlueEyes;849474][QUOTE=Twink55;849400]She must have been outside at some point, or how could she have been missing! .
You obviously missed the BBC Crimewatch programme when the senior UK detective of Scotland Yard helping the Portuguese police said they now have to consider that it was possible the child did not leave the holiday flat alive.So on that someone moved a dead body. Do you really want to defend these parents so much that you ignore what the police say ?
I'm out of here . No use argueing .
That quote merely said that the child could have been dead, but not who killed her, so I am not ignoring what the police have said. If you believe the child's parents killed her, that is your opinion, but until it is proved it has no more value than that of anyone who thinks they didn't.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What on earth is that supposed to prove there is no way I would entrust my precious children or grandchildren to some unknown baby sitter in another country . If indeed that is true and not just more regurgitated gossip, good for them.
If you read the police files Meg, you will see that the baby sitting service offered to them used the same people who looked after the McCann kids in the crèche where they left them every day, so they were not exactly strangers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
If you read the police files Meg, you will see that the baby sitting service offered to them used the same people who looked after the McCann kids in the crèche where they left them every day, so they were not exactly strangers.
This is all hearsay Loretta from weirdoes who think they are some kind of detectives and go through police files .

True or not there is a difference between a daytime crèche with lots of people around and one to one baby sitting . I wouldn't have except that offer either.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
This is all hearsay Loretta from weirdoes who think they are some kind of detectives and go through police files .

True or not there is a difference between a daytime crèche with lots of people around and one to one baby sitting . I wouldn't have except that offer either.

I don't think police files are hearsay Meg.

Page 25 of 28 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top