Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, I am sure you could still explore that route Floydy.
I know GPs do referrals for getting fit.
You could work and do a course.
Just a thought.
I may look into this for you, and send you a PM, if you want?
Really good of you, Sweetie but I'm quite happy using the gym for my training needs. I wouldn't want to work in that environment yet. Maybe when I'm really old i.e. fully retired it may be an option to wipe down the benches or something, but I hope to be on a nice yacht or something by then (bit like Old Grey Fox!).
Thanks anyway. Very nice of you
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Really good of you, Sweetie but I'm quite happy using the gym for my training needs. I wouldn't want to work in that environment yet. Maybe when I'm really old i.e. fully retired it may be an option to wipe down the benches or something, but I hope to be on a nice yacht or something by then (bit like Old Grey Fox!).
Thanks anyway. Very nice of you
I am sure fate will steer you Floydy.
Best of luck my friend.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:49 PM

Hell no! That place is enough to depress even the happiest of souls. I much prefer Hornsea.
That's where we want to live, but can't at the moment, we have more friends there than were we are now.. Our local pub is in Hornsea just 72 miles away!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
That's where we want to live, but can't at the moment, we have more friends there than were we are now.. Our local pub is in Hornsea just 72 miles away!
Long way away for a local, Sue!
I'm guessing it's either the Victoria, The New inn, The Rose & Crown or The Marine, on the seafront.

Lovely little village apart from Freeport which is a desolate temple of despair and loneliness if ever I saw one!
The Mere, the seafront, it's just a lovely place. Plus, my mother was born there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 05:50 AM

Hi

My Dad moved to Hornsea,lovely place.

The kids loved it,but a long way out.

Access is everything when you get older.

I love Beverley ,great place,but I am moving only six miles away.

A Market Town,everything in walking distance, but with a train station, only an hour from Birmingham,Manchester and Liverpool.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 05:56 AM

I don't think I have ever been to Hornsea I will put it on my to do list
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:10 AM

When I was a kid I regularly visited Withernsea & Hornsea. I used to stay with my auntie & uncle in Hull for a week every year and it was part of the yearly ritual.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Living between Hull and Beverley I'm no stranger to this part of Yorkshire. In fact I'm on the outskirts of Hull and I'll be in Beverley today to take my granddaughter to her ballet class.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Since we married we have lived in one property in Derbyshire, two in Bath, a couple of places in Kent, one in Cambridgeshire, and four properties in Flintshire. I have no interest at all in re-visiting any of our previous homes.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:32 AM

My life is good on the whole, it's just the work aspect.
I've just got to get on with it tbh and look forward to a couple of years' time when I'll be in a better position to reevaluate stuff
My husband worked permanent night shifts for over thirty years and being made redundant was the best thing that could have happened to him. He said he felt like he had his life back.

Keep that end goal in sight Floydy.

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top