Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 02:55 PM

Re: New £5 Note and Vegans.

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
If tallow comes from pork products where is the Muslim outrage bus?
Shhh. Maybe they don't know yet.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 03:27 PM

But they are normally first on the bus on everything they see as a slight to their religion ...how odd that the vegans are the only people in the planet to be fussed about it....they didn't seem very concerned about the drug residue, faeces and urine found on every bank notes. Odd people vegans.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 07:11 PM

I heard a Hindoo this morning complaining about it on the radio. Cows are sacred to them. It seems Jewish people don't mind as "you don't eat £5 notes"
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Vegans moan about everything and veggies are nearly as bad. I go with a group of 16 women for a meal every so often. There are 3 veggies amongst us and we've all ordered and they're STILL going on and on and on at the waitress about how the food is cooked, what it contains, can they combine various veggie starters to make a main course .... it does my head in!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Vegans moan about everything and veggies are nearly as bad. I go with a group of 16 women for a meal every so often. There are 3 veggies amongst us and we've all ordered and they're STILL going on and on and on at the waitress about how the food is cooked, what it contains, can they combine various veggie starters to make a main course .... it does my head in!!!
Tell me about it FP, our best friends are a couple where the wife is a veggie. The three of us, Mrs Fox, Me and Michael love to try different things but we have to traipse about trying to find a restaurant or cafe' that has something on the menu to satisfy our resident veggie. Trouble is, the longer we search the more hungry I get and the less fussy I get, so the veggie gets her healthy food and I end up eating anything. It's bad for my health.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
If tallow comes from pork products where is the Muslim outrage bus?

Sshhh. Perhaps it's got a puncture.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->

That would be rather embarrassing I should imagine Flowerpower. I think if eating out worried me to that extent, I wouldn't bother going, or at least find a Vegetarian restaurant, rather than spoil everyone else's evening.

About the new fivers though - I just heard on the late news that the Bank of England is aware of the tallow, and is thinks it can sort it. It didn't say any more than that though.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 09:49 AM

So the vegans are up in arms, because the new note contains Tallow.
Perhaps the should include Raspberry, Orange, Banana, Lettuce and Onion. Then we could all get our FIVER a day.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
So the vegans are up in arms, because the new note contains Tallow.
Perhaps the should include Raspberry, Orange, Banana, Lettuce and Onion. Then we could all get our FIVER a day.
oh no.......NEXT! .
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:11 PM

Cor you learn a lot on here about stuff

Yesterday at work we were all hungry so I asked if anyone had got a £5 note I could eat. They all looked at me as if I was nuts

oh btw is there nuts in them too

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top