Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 04:29 PM

Re: The World Cup

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Watched the match last night - Brazil and Croatia, pretty good except for the penalty. To the right of the referee a giant screen and would would take seconds to look at the instant replay - so why not. The ref cannot always 'see' every incident - so a quick look at the replay would be so much more productive.
Wish they would bring this in .......
I'm getting confused now. Didn't you complain about having to endure sports on TV on another thread? But you watched it? Guess I misunderstood something.

I'm not interested in footie, but am looking forward to Wimbledon - the only sports event that I try to watch every year.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Sorry to say that an 11 o'clock kick-off is too late for sleepy-head me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm getting confused now. Didn't you complain about having to endure sports on TV on another thread? But you watched it? Guess I misunderstood something.

I'm not interested in footie, but am looking forward to Wimbledon - the only sports event that I try to watch every year.
Yep - you're confused
I said on the other thread that although I will be watching some of the World Cup, there is 'so' much sport on lately, they should by now, have a sports channel .......
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:10 PM

"In a nutshell - sport, cooks and yobs "

That's what confused me as you didn't mention that you would be watching. I thought you were fed up with all three!

Glad that you are able to enjoy it, though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
"In a nutshell - sport, cooks and yobs "

That's what confused me as you didn't mention that you would be watching. I thought you were fed up with all three!

Glad that you are able to enjoy it, though.
Further down ........
Quote - [IMG]I don't begrudge people their sport, in fact, I will be watching some of the World cup matches ![/IMG]

Even if I loved sport - I feel for people who do not, the BBC do have other channels, so its not a big deal to provide another.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

14-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Further down ........
Quote - [IMG]I don't begrudge people their sport, in fact, I will be watching some of the World cup matches ![/IMG]
Oh, ok. I didn't read beyond the first post in that thread so that explains it.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 07:19 PM

I love the world cup matches but never watch England, strange but true! Just don't like their style of play.

Always used to look forward to Wimbledon but not so keen now, not enough rising stars apart from Russians and other Eastern Europeans......gawd, they get everywhere!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2014, 07:35 PM

Same here gal, its all about style and flair for me .......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I love the world cup matches but never watch England, strange but true! Just don't like their style of play.
Always used to look forward to Wimbledon but not so keen now, not enough rising stars apart from Russians and other Eastern Europeans......gawd, they get everywhere!
You've said it all for me cranberry!

I find England's style irritating too and also the hype about one or two "star" players they always seem to concentrate on, as if the rest of the team are only a support act!

As for Tennis, I can't stand it but then, I'm not into sport much anyway.

I used to like football, cricket, rugby and long-distance running when I was young - competing only.

Nothing worse than watching cricket IMHO!

Playing it is surprisingly tiring but watching - eugh!! stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 04:43 AM

Great News!

Australia WINS the World Cup

Thrashed the Netherlands 6:1

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top