Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Gardeners asked if they are gay!

Read an article in my gardening magazine today, so wasn't sure if I should put this on the gardening thread.

Leeds City Council have sent 4000 copies of a survey to all allotment plot holders as well as those on waiting lists.
In one section they are asked to declare their sexual orientation and if they are heterosexual, bisexual or gay
One councillor said "I am all for equality but this is ridiculous".
One plot holder said "What possible relevance does sexuality have to the way they garden on their allotments?"

I'm dumbfounded..if it was me, I'd tick all the boxes and add 'occasionally'
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:00 AM

Re: Gardeners asked if they are gay!

I might enquire if ticking a particular one of the boxes qualified me for a discount on my allotment.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 06:08 AM

Officialdom knows no bounds !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:00 PM

I would tick them all too Janela
We should all have a gay day
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'm dumbfounded..if it was me, I'd tick all the boxes and add 'occasionally'
Janela I'm speechless and feel sorry that the householders of Leeds that have paid their rates and this is the kind of stupidity that they get from the idiots in the council.

Like the Social Services Dept. who recently decided you can't be a member of UKIP and foster children.

Or the muppets at Brighton council who are considering banning the use of the term Mr. Mrs. Miss, Ms. on any corresspondance to their rate payers

There's a lot of nasty small minded jealous people on our town councils these days
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 05:08 PM

It's the waste of time and money that could be used for useful projects, that annoys me. What do Brighton council propose to call people? Dear unmarried female? Or just, hello householder? Did they hold a meeting to come up with this farcical proposal?
Normally, anything addressed to 'Householder' gets shredded before opening in this house.
I sincerely hope that all Leeds plot holders lie on their form, that will mess up their future data
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 06:18 PM

I had to fight hard to resist the temptation to be jovial on this one..
The likes of this stupidity was bound to happen sooner or later once the do-gooders got a taste of power, and believe me there'll be more to come. What really annoys me is the fact that they took a perfectly happy and joyful word 'Gay' and made the rest of us use it to mean something completely different, and by law I might add. I personally have absolutely nothing against peoples sexual persuasions but I do object to to some of our nicer words getting nicked forever.
Married folks are proud to use the terms Mr. and Mrs. and the law should respect their decision to be addressed as such.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:18 PM

I recently applied for a bus pass. One page of the form dealt with my usual details but two pages dealt with ethnicity, religion and sexual perversion/orientation/persuasion/inclination etc., none of which I filled in because truthfully I couldn't really remember....

Seriously though I was still issued with my bus pass, but why they think they need to know this stuff is an absolute mystery....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Well I thought Brighton was a pink city like Blackpool and if you are not Gay they would start nightschool classes for people wanting to join the club.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:46 PM

The fact is that now I can't put on my christmas cards "Have a great Christmas, be merry and gay", anymore, I have always written that to my close friends, now they'll think I want to be even closer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top