Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 04:04 PM

Best Marigold Hotel

I watched Best Marigold Hotel last night with absolute joy. Such a lovely film that you find now and then, one that I could watch again and again the actors were brilliant and included some superb names such as Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire) and Tom Wilkinson with some supporting beauties.

I loved the film and hope that if you get the chance you will watch it and laugh out loud or cry a little just right for happy forward thinking over fifties.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Re: Best Marigold Hotel

I didn't know that was on Cate. Hopefully it will be repeated at some stage as I would like to see it. I was watching Midsomer Murders last night which is one of my favourite programmes
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 04:12 PM

I went to see it at the cinema when it came out - very enjoyable. There's another one of a similar vein come out now, it's called "Quartet" and is about a retirement home for opera singers. I think we'll go and see that next week.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Best Marigold Hotel is on Sky and can be watched on demand. It is a new one so should be on all week. I will certainley watch out for Quartet although I haven't been to the pictures for ages hubs is too mean says wait till it comes on the sky box.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Best Marigold Hotel is on Sky and can be watched on demand. It is a new one so should be on all week. I will certainley watch out for Quartet although I haven't been to the pictures for ages hubs is too mean says wait till it comes on the sky box.
Ah I will have to wait as I am with Virgin. No doubt it will turn up somewhere at some point. I don't like going to the cinema on my own.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 05:18 PM

I absolutely loved the book and laughed and cried all the way through. However from the trailers etc have seen it looks as though they have taken one or two liberties with the book. Having said that my son boxed it for me last night and so will get around to watching it eventually.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Im putting my review down which is just the opposite from others , I dont mean to be awkward but When i missed it at the Cinema I thought Id get it when it was on DVD and so the price was right last week and I bought it ..
For me I was very dissapointed, whether it was cause id heard so much rave reviews about it I don't know ,
I don't want to pick it apart cause others have not seen it yet ,but I didn't hold my attention for long .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MrsD ->
Im putting my review down which is just the opposite from others , I dont mean to be awkward but When i missed it at the Cinema I thought Id get it when it was on DVD and so the price was right last week and I bought it ..
For me I was very dissapointed, whether it was cause id heard so much rave reviews about it I don't know ,
I don't want to pick it apart cause others have not seen it yet ,but I didn't hold my attention for long .
That's interesting MrsD, and it's true that expectations can be raised by all the marketing hype associated with films. We've not seen it yet, so hopefully by the time it arrives on terrestrial TV we will have forgotten all of the hysteria and can just sit back and enjoy it (or not) for what it is..
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

10-01-2013, 07:53 PM

I had no idea that the film had caused so much hype in fact I hadn't even heard about it until it arrived on Sky and didn't watch it because the plot seemed a bit iffy all about old folks I thought who wants to watch a film full of old folks??
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 08:08 PM

We watched this film last night and I agree with Cookiecate - it was a joy. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but I really enjoyed it and I was hoping that Bill Nighy and Judi Dench would eventually get together. I knew nothing of the reviews, so the film had no expectations to live up to for me - I watched with a smile on my face right to the end. I hope it does the same for those who watch next time it comes round

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top