Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Writing a Play.

Anyone ever written a stage play?, if not why not have a go. Here's a bit of useless information for you, the Worlds shortest play was written by Samuel Becket, it's called ' Breath' and lasts for 35 seconds, it opens with a child taking it's first breath surrounded by trash and closes with an old man taking his last breath, also surrounded by trash. What it tries to tell us is that we come into a junky World and leave a junky World behind when we go, Becket is a Nobel prize winner, he should know what he's on about. I liked it so much I watched the play 200 times one night.
I read that 85 million people Worldwide had seen the play since 1969, so why not take a couple of seconds out of your life and have a go at writing a play?. Here's an idea and a title to start you off, 'Sneeze' is not a bad title, this fellow stands on stage surrounded by people, he sneezes and all the people fall down, let out a great sigh, then die. What I'm trying to say here is that sneezes spread diseases, ashaa we all fall down. if you really want to go at it hammer and thongs, why not spend one and a half minutes on your play and introduce a doctor who tries to save someone, but alas, as he only has half a minute left to do so his task is impossible, you are building tension here, you'll have the audience screaming for more (time). I do like a good live stage play.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Re: Writing a Play.

Jem - you really are a 'gem' - great post... I wish I had written a musical years ago... wrote plenty of songs, so the next step....didn't happen...
Ah well.. I like the idea of your play, but cant stand the sight of 'thongs'...
Horrid things....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Actually that wouldn't be a bad title for a play about a randy blacksmith Pats, "Hammer and thongs", remember Mellors in Lady Chatterly's Lover?, wasn't he a randy gardener.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Actually that wouldn't be a bad title for a play about a randy blacksmith Pats, "Hammer and thongs", remember Mellors in Lady Chatterly's Lover?, wasn't he a randy gardener.
I was a good girl when I was sweet sixteen Jem, and, I still am - never heard of Mr. Mellors and - all he would get from me - is a swift ...... well, I'm too much of a lady to say. now aint I......
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 07:33 PM

A short play with three main subjects, Sex, Religion and Mystery.

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter stage left Darlene ( a loose woman)

Darlene "My God, I'm pregnant. Who dunnit?"

THE END
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2013, 07:41 PM

Scene 1...
Man enters doorway of house, briefcase in hand, proceeds to enter
wearing 'crocs' - suddenly, his collar is felt and he's thrown on to the street. Hilda, the householder, shouts 'See ya later Alligator - no crocs allowed in my house !'
The End
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Robert and Pats I think you both just broke Beckett's record, bravo!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-02-2013, 08:14 PM

These few words, spoken by Captain Boyle to Joxer Daly in Sean O'Casey's play 'Juno and the Paycock' always spring to my mind when a politician appears on TV and is questioned by a journalist, pure genius answer in the art of inflicting total confusion.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2013, 08:17 PM

O'h God.... - As clear as mud - to be sure....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
These few words, spoken by Captain Boyle to Joxer Daly in Sean O'Casey's play 'Juno and the Paycock' always spring to my mind when a politician appears on TV and is questioned by a journalist, pure genius answer in the art of inflicting total confusion.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Ofuscation at it's best Jem.

Pats CG........was that play satire or mocumentary?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top