Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Cheap way to keep moggies entertained

Some time ago I purchased a scratching board thingy which came with a sachet of catnip - to encourage them to start using it I assume. Anyway searching in the 'odds and sods' drawer, I came across the remains of this stuff in a little baggie and wondered if could find a use for it. Then, it struck me, I had been sorting out my sons socks (he had the nail removed from his one big toe when he was a child but for some reason THAT is the toe that wears out his socks - go figure), so I tied a knot at the foot end so the stuff would not fall out of this hole, placed a couple of pinches of catnip in the sock, and then tied another knot.

IT DRIVES THEM NUTS! They have spent hours trying to kill the sock, and the sounds they make are hilarious. Endless fun for them and for them as watches.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Re: Cheap way to keep moggies entertained

I can imagine - fantastic
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 04:58 PM

Such harmless fun and they are so funny to watch.
loisand
New Member!
Birmingham, UK
loisand is female 

20-05-2013, 05:13 PM

daisymay that is what i do....it's fun just to watch them playing with it....my cat is having a treat at the end of the week...i've always wanted to get one...now i am...he's going to have one of the activity centres, floor to ceiling scratch post with plenty of platforms on, a cube so he can hide in and a kind of a basket attached to one of the poles....can't wait for it to come...the fun part will be putting it together
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Kitty - loves that idea......

anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 06:11 PM

I used to have a German Shepherd who loved one of my husbands old boots,he also used to kill it and throw it up in the air and we all ducked in case it hit us. Also we had a Westie who loved an empty coke bottle,it made a lot of noise and he chucked that about, also Cavalier who loved socks with knots in, Phoebe is too much the lady to play!She is from The Ribble Valley darling!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2013, 06:36 PM

What fun you've had

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top