Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 01:31 AM

Grumpy

Can't get to sleep.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 03:20 AM

Re: Grumpy

I should think not, it midday
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 12:59 PM

Cinders - just realised gone 1am for you - poor thing I've been there gal - feel for you .......xx
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 02:36 PM

well if I'd known anyone was on here I wouldn't have tossed and turned about 3am again when I dropped off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Can't get to sleep.
Maggie I go through phases of not being able to sleep and if I can't sleep one thing I don't do is stay in bed .
I get up and make bread or do the ironing, anything which is not going to stimulate my brain and make me more wide awake.
I then try sleeping again and repeat the above if I am not successful.

After a particularly sleepless night I can be guaranteed to get to sleep when it is time to get up
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Maggie After a particularly sleepless night I can be guaranteed to get to sleep when it is time to get up
Me too
I am a reader in the middle of the night - a cup of tea and a book, sat at the kitchen table is where you'll find me.
Hubby is a light sleeper, so I dare not make too much noise or he'll be up asking for tea too. We live in a bungalow, so the bedroom is close to the kitchen
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 05:52 PM

Ah well .... it seems we're not the only ones Cinders .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Good Morning All, didn't bother going to bed, decided to do some ironing, clean the bathroom and toilet, mop kitchen floor and clean the windows. Was surprised how many people about walking the dog at 4.00am.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-06-2013, 11:02 AM

Well at least you got some good tasks done and dusted
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 02:22 PM

No coffee and plenty of exercise does it for me. Wipe out. If I can't sleep I don't force it and try to sleep I work around the clock then normally. Hard exercise nearly always works though. If you can't exercise for some reason or other then I suppose you have a problem but a long walk and plenty of fresh air might do the trick too. Also reading when in bed helps me nod off. Just a few pages is enough normally.

I have a mate that would stay up all night and sleep during the day. Became a habit with him and he still has it. I prefer to get up early and go to bed at a reasonable time.

You can definitely reprogram your sleeping habits if you really want to but being unable to sleep can sometimes be a blessing. It certainly is for me if I have a huge amount of work to do.

Go with the flow for now but rise early - no stimulants (coffee - alcohol) - and get plenty of fresh air and exercise to get back to a regular sleeping pattern - hopefully .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top