Join for free
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Oldie goals

I'm 55 now. I'm thinking I need some goals like having enough money to retire on of course. But otherwise...?

1) I'd like to get back into guitar. I mean get to the next level. Instrumental stuff. Playing pop tunes on the acoustic guitar doing an instrumental version. I'm half way there now but I just need a few lessons to spur me on. I wan't to play songs like Local Hero etc.
2) I want to understand politics better. The games these guys play. I know they are mostly phonies but I want to understand how the successful ones manage to stay in power.
3) I want to iron out a few bad habits I have in the way of negative thinking. People are much nicer than I give them credit for.
4) I want to do a good job as a partner.
5) Dog training skills improve.
6) Get much fitter. Walking and swimming more and more.

All progress to be reviewed by age 60, 65 and 70.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 08:20 AM

Re: Oldie goals

Go for it. Nothing better than trying to sort yourself out. Your goals are very good and will I am sure help you feel happier in your life. I would being a Mother and Grandma have said something different if you had said something like I want to take drugs, go out and rob a bank etc
Good luck.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 12:59 PM

All the best Duckie - get cracking now .....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Hi Duckie.. I used to play bass guitar - now I can hardly remember what way round to hold one, but sometines I'd like to have another go at it.

As for 'Local Hero', I believe the theme tune is called 'Going home'. The film was largely shot in Pennan - just a few miles from where I now live.

As for the rest, go for it. You're a mere youngster and hopefully you'll have lots of time. You'll need it if you ever want to understand politics!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Heck Dukkie you're still a youngster! Go for it then and achieve your goals.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Now is the time Nick, give it a lash and go for it, but leave the politics out, you dont want everyone to hate you do you.?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Go for it Duckie, I sincerely hope you succeed.
I shall soon be 75 and all I want to do is breath.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 07:36 PM

... nice one Arfa .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 02:29 PM

2) I want to understand politics better. The games these guys play. I know they are mostly phonies but I want to understand how the successful ones manage to stay in power.

Nick matey, you're young enough and fit enough to undertake a university degree in politics or do an 'open' university course. Go for it matey!!!
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Go for it Duckie, I sincerely hope you succeed.
I shall soon be 75 and all I want to do is breath.
Haven't got to the stage of appreciating every breath....yet.
More oxygen coming your way this year, Wrinkly!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

Nick matey, you're young enough and fit enough to undertake a university degree in politics or do an 'open' university course. Go for it matey!!!
OK OJ. As soon as I finish the current one on Counselling.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top