Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 07:50 PM

Would you gamble on line ?

All these bingo and poker sites are only there to make money so I cant believe any one comes out a winner at the end of the day apart from them. How can you trust them and know they are not cheating ?

Any one here play them ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:08 PM

Re: Would you gamble on line ?

No, not in the least interested.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:12 PM

I don't but 2 friends do. One plays £20 per wk,says that's what it would cost if she went out to play it. When she wins she comes off after playing 1 more game. The other never wins and is always skint, won't say how much she plays. Nearest I get to anthing like that is Premium Bonds.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:16 PM

yes I play the PB's too.....

I bet it can become additive, these companies wont care that people are spending there electric bill money ...
I play a ball popping game (no money involved) and Im addicted to that
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:23 PM

My sister's SiL apparently won something some years ago on a bingo site. I used to play the lottery online but packed it in when they doubled the amount you had to credit to your online account (£5 to £10).

I enjoy the odd game of bingo and was sad when our local hall moved away and once won £500!! But would I play online? I have considered it but as I am surviving on a small pension and savings, the outlay wouldn't be justified. Just imagine continually topping up the account to keep chasing that big win: it's too easy, and dangerous.

The odd lottery ticket does me. Cept now it's £2!

Ah well, back to the drawing board...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:36 PM

No I don't gamble on line or off line for that matter, when I have money I can burn I might reconsider but not when we need every penny.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:47 PM

I never played anything on line, I prefer to put my couple of spare Euro on the nags, and they don't own me anything over the years, much more enjoyable too.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

I've never played online but I did go once, because a friend asked me to go with her, to a bingo hall; it was a tad boring to be honest.

I do know someone who had to declare bankruptcy though from online gambling, that was a shame.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 10:03 PM

"I do know someone who had to declare bankruptcy though from online gambling, that was a shame."
I would say the secret to is to only gamble what you can afford to lose and no more, when the fun is gone out of it pack it in. I've seen a lot of addicted gamblers and they are not happy people, they become obsessed and something else takes over inside them, changes them completely, it's a terrible thing and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's probably worse than heavy drinking, you can only drink so much, but you can gamble everything you have away very quickly, including your entire family, it's so unfair on the family, I know a few cases of men losing their homes, families, and jobs because of it too, can't say I know of any women though.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Those are the things that happened to the chap that worked for us Jem, he lost everything including his family. After all that happened, he then started to go to the bookies instead. He did come and chat with me about it all and I asked him to count out the number of paying in windows and the number of paying out windows and that will tell him which is in more demand. I know it wouldn't have helped but I didn't know what to say to him, he was so distraught. Thankfully, it's an addiction I've never succumbed to but I did feel so sorry for him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top