Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Health Services for the Elderly in Cambridgeshire

In Cambridgeshire the NHS has finally relented and promising a Public Consultation over the £800M contract to provide older people's services.
However, the Tender Documents released by the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Commissioning Group do not indicate a new era of transparency.

The sections inviting bidders to explain how they would deal with hypothetical health scenarios have almost 5 whole pages redacted!

Hard to see how the public in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough can make an informed decision based on such limited information isn't it?!

If this is how "public consultations" are going to be run I dread to think what we'll get lumbered with here when ours comes up soon. stevmk2
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 10:09 AM

Re: Health Services for the Elderly in Cambridgeshire

I noticed you haven't got any replies yet Steve.
It went a bit over my head when I read it. I don't live in Cambridge
area and don't look at Tenders.
Saying that you cant expect the NHS to run as it has at a loss for
decades. Now being misused by people who cant get a appointment
with their Doctor for over a week and the Government trying to make
it go Private to get it off of their hands.
They should have First Aid lessons free or at school so that people
don't need to go to the Doctors or the Hospital every minute.
I cant remember my Mum taking us to the Doctors all of the time
we used common sense and stuff from the Chemist to cure us.
Time common sense was again taught, we got it from our parents
but they could start teaching it at school now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:22 PM

Re: Health Services for the Elderly in Cambridgeshire

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
In Cambridgeshire the NHS has finally relented and promising a Public Consultation over the £800M contract to provide older people's services.
However, the Tender Documents released by the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Commissioning Group do not indicate a new era of transparency.

The sections inviting bidders to explain how they would deal with hypothetical health scenarios have almost 5 whole pages redacted!

Hard to see how the public in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough can make an informed decision based on such limited information isn't it?!

If this is how "public consultations" are going to be run I dread to think what we'll get lumbered with here when ours comes up soon. stevmk2

Make an FOI claim matey for the missing pages.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top