Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Is It just me?

I reckon most of you have heard about Stephen Sutton aged 19. Has raised £3 million now for teenage Cancer.
A sterling amount an I have no objection to that. hats off to him, I say.
But here we are nearing the elections, and who gets on the "bandwagon?" dear old Cameron!.
Its stated he just "turned" up at the hospital where Stephen was,to congratulate him etc etc. and all the other C---p he comes out with.
so if it was an impromptu visit how come the press were there for the photo shoot?
did him and his entarage just waltz into the hospital without warning? I think not!
I'm very cynical, this was a publicity stunt!
and cant help feel, while this terrific young man is raising millions for cancer, that Cameron is thinking "while we have people like this, there is no need for government funding"
and I only hope those lovely people from NICE, will stop playing GOD and dish out the pills as necessary to ALL cancer patients.
Yes, sorry , I'm cynical.
P
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Re: Is It just me?

Don't blame you gal - a bit like kissing babies - all for show .....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Stephen has now gone home feeling much better, perhaps the visit perked him up!
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Cameron is still flogging his 'Big Society' rubbish, hoping ordinary folk will keep giving to keep our services going while his class keep stealing the nation's wealth. Hats off to this lad, but charity is not the way to tackle cancer or any other serious issue. I still cant believe I live in a civilised,wealthy country when people are dependent on food banks for gods sake.
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:40 PM

I'm just surprised the other political parties were so slow... Hmmmm
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Don't blame you gal - a bit like kissing babies - all for show .....

True Patsy. I'd have to laugh if one sicked on his nice suit though.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 07:47 AM

They are all at it, remember the wallies in wellies when the flooding in the levels would not go away and they all turned up being so sincere. Yet at Christmas when the folks in Yorkshire had the same problem the wellies stayed in the cupboard,its all about votes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 08:02 AM

You are right there Nom and personally I don't have a problem with them doing this it's the lies they tell that bother me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
I reckon most of you have heard about Stephen Sutton aged 19. Has raised £3 million now for teenage Cancer.
A sterling amount an I have no objection to that. hats off to him, I say.
But here we are nearing the elections, and who gets on the "bandwagon?" dear old Cameron!.
Its stated he just "turned" up at the hospital where Stephen was,to congratulate him etc etc. and all the other C---p he comes out with.
so if it was an impromptu visit how come the press were there for the photo shoot?
did him and his entarage just waltz into the hospital without warning? I think not!
I'm very cynical, this was a publicity stunt!
and cant help feel, while this terrific young man is raising millions for cancer, that Cameron is thinking "while we have people like this, there is no need for government funding"
and I only hope those lovely people from NICE, will stop playing GOD and dish out the pills as necessary to ALL cancer patients.
Yes, sorry , I'm cynical.
P

Nice one Purdy darlin' !!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 09:26 AM

Cynical?, it's your prerogative chums, but lets not forget this brave young man's achievement & sanguine outlook.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top