Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

10-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Do you think this is true?

The reference was people at a retreat looking for help advice and guidance but were unwilling to listen to the very constructive advice. Even some teacher monks hesitate to answer people truthfully because many people are unwilling to let go of their view of themselves.

So the question is, do you think this is true?

It’s a big responsibility to answer truthfully when asked a question. Very few people are brave enough to answer truthfully and few can stand to hear the truth.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Re: Do you think this is true?

I think its very true - people want to talk, but not take advice ...
People want to be heard but not to listen, I have experienced this in people.
I'm one that is very truthful, without wanting to hurt, but to me its the only way to be.
In the end, people have to tread their own path .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Yes it's very true, sadly it means people stop trying to help I think.
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Everyone is capable of lying. The main concern is the reason behind not telling the truth.
Some tell lies for their own ends, while other do it to spare another's pain.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think its very true - people want to talk, but not take advice ...
People want to be heard but not to listen, I have experienced this in people.
I'm one that is very truthful, without wanting to hurt, but to me its the only way to be.
In the end, people have to tread their own path .....
the problem being gal the truth can hurt, I will be as truthful as I can to spare others feelings and sometimes I'll keep my mouth shut rather than cause offence.

We can offer advice but being as we're all different it's up to the individual to decide what's right for them
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Be fair, you may ask for advice but that's all it is..........advice, not an order. At the end of the day most people would do what THEY think is best, I know I would.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 05:05 PM

me too, what works for one doesn't work for all
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Alan - Honey - isn't that what I said - In the end people will tread their own path - we 'all' make mistakes in life, that's how we learn - or should .....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

10-06-2014, 05:11 PM

more or less Patsy but you said "I'm one that is very truthful, without wanting to hurt, but to me its the only way to be." you can't always be truthful without hurting someone imo
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2014, 05:12 PM

I can
Anyway - depends on the situation, some people need to hear the truth .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top