Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 05:47 PM

tattoos and piercings

Sorry if there is already a thread about this. I tried to find it but couldnt.

I'm going for my second tattoo soon. I've already decided what I want. Neatly placed on my right shoulder as I've already one on my left.

I had my nose pierced last year, but futtered about with it so much and tried to change the piercing to different colours and ended up letting the piercing heal up. Thinking of going again.

It took me to age 40 to get a tattoo. Age 55 to get a piercing. I'm now wondering why I didn't get them done years ago, but realise now I'm comfortable with the person I am.

People say "what happens when you're in a nursing home, all droopy and wrinkly and the tattoo has drooped". Sorry, but I'll be more interested in getting my incontinence sorted out as that may pose more of a problem.

I love free spirits. Just a pity it took me so long to realise I am one.

Just a shame some folk find them disgusting. It doesn't change the person you are. That's the thing.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Re: tattoos and piercings

I personally dislike tattoos especially on women..... a small discreet one if that's what the person wants.
But very large picture ones....not nice imo.

And lip and nose piercings..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 05:57 PM

It's tongue piercings that make me cringe. I'd never be brave enough.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 05:59 PM

One of my acquaintances is 85.. wheel chair bound and just got a tat on her upper arm honoring a particular Italian boy band she is enamoured with.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 06:00 PM

Hi Alice - could you explain - you don't have to - why you wanted a piercing, what is wrong with earrings in the ears, to me they just look better there, so I cant help wondering - why the nose gal - why the nose !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 06:07 PM

When i was on one of my coach trips i was sitting next to a lady with a nose piercing,she was in her sixties single and working for a local Council ,,,at first i thought fancy someone that old having a pierced nose ,then i thought well she dont look Sixty plus and if she hadnt told me i would have knocked twenty years off and said she looked Forty plus .
I have my ears pieced and thats as far as i would go with the piercings..Tattoos to my thinking are ok as long as they are small and decorative , but id have it where you could see it not on your shoulder . I dont see the point in that .
Id like to ask you what design you will be having ..?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Sorry if there is already a thread about this. I tried to find it but couldnt.

I'm going for my second tattoo soon. I've already decided what I want. Neatly placed on my right shoulder as I've already one on my left.

I had my nose pierced last year, but futtered about with it so much and tried to change the piercing to different colours and ended up letting the piercing heal up. Thinking of going again.

It took me to age 40 to get a tattoo. Age 55 to get a piercing. I'm now wondering why I didn't get them done years ago, but realise now I'm comfortable with the person I am.

People say "what happens when you're in a nursing home, all droopy and wrinkly and the tattoo has drooped". Sorry, but I'll be more interested in getting my incontinence sorted out as that may pose more of a problem.

I love free spirits. Just a pity it took me so long to realise I am one.

Just a shame some folk find them disgusting. It doesn't change the person you are. That's the thing.
All I'm wondering is...Why???

And I'm not sure why it implies you are a free spirit, either!

Seriously, what is your motivation in getting the tattoo/piercing?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

01-07-2014, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
All I'm wondering is...Why???

And I'm not sure why it implies you are a free spirit, either!

Seriously, what is your motivation in getting the tattoo/piercing?
I can ask you the same. Why not?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 06:12 PM

My niece had one on her leg from the top of her thigh to more or less her knee. No skirts for her: she has to cover it up when she goes to work - as a teacher! Think she is already regretting having it done.

Don't bother me though whatever people do to themselves. If it helps that person think a bit more of themselves in to the bargain then all well and good. There are limits though. I could put on a picture where people are having a circular, clear piece of glass placed under the bottom lip that shows the base of their teeth and it looks horrific. Not nice .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

01-07-2014, 06:12 PM

I sometimes wear strapless dresses so the tattoo on the shoulder is visable. Most people say "oh I wish I had the courage to get one". My answer to it is "you only live once, so damn well get one".

My sons love it. They're so proud of me being who I am.

I know it's not for everyone, but it is for me.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top