Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 01:35 PM

Illegal Immigrants

Saw a docu last night of illegals roaming around in Calais trying their best to get to Britain.
I thought they were 'held' in Calais awaiting deportation, but was shocked to see them roaming around and quite freely able to board the trucks coming here !
The figures that get here are shocking. If they cant make a living they do crime and end up in prison for a while, which they appear to not mind at all
So, could someone put me in the picture as to why, this is allowed to be the way of things for them and us. So much for the EU
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 01:43 PM

Re: Illegal Immigrants

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Saw a docu last night of illegals roaming around in Calais trying their best to get to Britain.
I thought they were 'held' in Calais awaiting deportation, but was shocked to see them roaming around and quite freely able to board the trucks coming here !
The figures that get here are shocking. If they cant make a living they do crime and end up in prison for a while, which they appear to not mind at all
So, could someone put me in the picture as to why, this is allowed to be the way of things for them and us. So much for the EU

Nothing to do with the EU per se Patsy darlin' - its the French - they don't want them, don't want the hassle of looking after them and don't care what happens to them or what they do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 01:43 PM

Two things come to mind France no more wants them than we do so why would they try to keep them when they can pass them onto us, and the other is human rights possibly mean they cannot detain them. I may be being cynical but the first one seems most likely to me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 02:09 PM

Don't the French always harp on about our generous benefit system, which encourages (and in most cases is the main reason why) these people frantically want to get here.

They think they are entitled to a house, money and a job, without caring that the whole world wants to get into the UK.

Abolish benefits for anyone outside the UK.
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales
northwalessenior is male  northwalessenior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Simple solution. Allow as many as want to to stowaway on the lorries then put the trucks through a fumigation chamber when they reach the UK, shovel out the bodies then send them back to France in boxes. Simple!!!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Don't the French always harp on about our generous benefit system, which encourages (and in most cases is the main reason why) these people frantically want to get here.

They think they are entitled to a house, money and a job, without caring that the whole world wants to get into the UK.

Agree with this - if you haven't worked here why should you be entitled to anything!
Also free movement of people in the EU was never intended to have these consequences.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by northwalessenior ->
Simple solution. Allow as many as want to to stowaway on the lorries then put the trucks through a fumigation chamber when they reach the UK, shovel out the bodies then send them back to France in boxes. Simple!!!!!

Seig Heil !!! - A certain German Army Corporal had the same idea, except he used gas ovens across eastern Germany and Poland. He too came a cropper.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:33 PM

We and France are in this EU malarkey so why cant they find a solution to this !
We need a decent place with showers, toilets and cooking areas where they can be housed till they are sorted out and it needs to be secure - just do not get how and why, this is allowed to continue.
You say France could not care less, I agree with that, but - they should be forced to care, why would we want anything to do with a country that takes that attitude
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We and France are in this EU malarkey so why cant they find a solution to this !
We need a decent place with showers, toilets and cooking areas where they can be housed till they are sorted out and it needs to be secure - just do not get how and why, this is allowed to continue.
You say France could not care less, I agree with that, but - they should be forced to care, why would we want anything to do with a country that takes that attitude
They don't want sorting out in France, they want to come here because they get a better deal, that's why they have set up home near the Channel Tunnel, so that they can stow aboard some lorry.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

I agree up to a point but if anyone legally arrives as an asylum seeker and is given asylum we should help them. I would not like the idea someone truly needing our help could be turned away as they are not allowed to work until their asylum claim is processed which can take a year or more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top