Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Cashback offer expired but still instore. Help please.

Hi all, need some advice please.
I popped in to my local PC World today and actually went ahead and bought the Nikon D3200 DSLR, especially as it was on offer with a £30 cash back. I picked up the Nikon leaflet to read at home. I also bought a new tripod (only £20). The camera was on sale for £429, then would be £399 after the cash back.

However, I went on to the Nikon website and tried to find promotions, but was continually redirected to the Home site (where you enter your country), and then checked the leaflet - which has very small type - to discover the promotion ended on 30.7.14!

All chat lines were closed for the day , and telephone numbers reveal they may be the high cost ones for Customer Services. I've sent emails to both PC World and to Nikon, stating this and am asking the question from any of you folks - if you have this kind of experience (where's UJ when you need him?!!) - where do I stand on this? Would either of these companies still honour this cash back offer? And which one?

I have the plumbers here tomorrow morning so that could take a couple of hours out of my day, but hopefully after that I could return to the store and talk to them, but I don't know if they will have the knowledge to answer my question.

I couldn't even download the brochure, that's how badly the website was operating today.

Thanks folks.

ETA: it wasn't yet available in store and is on order to arrive maybe next week. I have brought the tripod home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Re: Cashback offer expired but still instore. Help please.

All chat lines were closed for the day , and telephone numbers reveal they may be the high cost ones for Customer Services. I've sent emails to both PC World and to Nikon, stating this and am asking the question from any of you folks - if you have this kind of experience - where do I stand on this? Would either of these companies still honour this cash back offer? And which one?
Hi Janet was there a sign up stating there was £30 off ?
This would give you more leverage.
I would take the camera back and tell them you bought it on the understanding there was £30 off .
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:29 PM

If PC World sold you a camera with a £30 cash back offer, it is they who are responsible for refunding your cash.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:29 PM

I don't know the legal position Jan, but I would have thought that if the shop enticed you to buy the camera with that offer on display then they should honour the deal as it was remiss of them not to remove the publicity material on the correct date as would have been notified to them by the manufacturer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Meg, I edited my post to add at the end that the camera wasn't in stock and had to be ordered. However I have paid the full price on my Visa credit card. And yes, the sign beside the camera definitely gave the money back details, which was one of the reasons I went ahead.

I could try asking PC World to honour the promotion. And they need to change the sign and remove all leaflets showing this.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 08:19 PM

I have just been on the PC World website, and that camera is on sale for £330.

Sorry got the wrong one, the £429 one has a better zoom lense.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 08:49 PM

Jazzi have a look.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/camera...-criteria.html

Says offer ends 8/8/14
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Nope, not on my model.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 09:10 PM

What's your model number?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-08-2014, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
What's your model number?
As in my first post! Nikon D3200.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top